Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...
(14-08-2014 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 07:24 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I don't doubt there is a large racist issue there, most likely on both sides as one tends to feed off the other, ignorance begets ignorance. I am merely stating let the feds do the forensics, until the facts come out, lets not try him in the public court of opinion, he will inevitably get his day in court. Unlike the treyvon martin BS case, this appears to be an actual horrific crime on the part of the police, and yes, subconscious or conscious racist views may have been a big part of his over reaction and potentially murderous deed. In the meantime, no one needs to be breaking into stores and stealing tires, that isn't outrage, that is just people taking advantage of a situation and using it as an excuse to steal shit. Thumbsup

Yeah, the incident that sparked it is now under investigation by the DOJ and FBI. But that's not the story at this point. Ferguson's police response is worse than Tiananmen Square. Tank Man made them realize restraint. Popo ain't showing much restraint in Ferguson.

It does seem out of F###ing control that is for sure. Time for the feds to step in and get this pot off the stove.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

"You know the difference between a cult and a religion? In a cult, the guy at the top knows it is BS, and in a religion that guy is dead". Dusty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
14-08-2014, 08:29 PM
(14-08-2014 08:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, the incident that sparked it is now under investigation by the DOJ and FBI. But that's not the story at this point. Ferguson's police response is worse than Tiananmen Square. Tank Man made them realize restraint. Popo ain't showing much restraint in Ferguson.

It does seem out of F###ing control that is for sure. Time for the feds to step in and get this pot off the stove.

Yup.

This is not my signature.
14-08-2014, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 10:59 PM by Miss Suzanne.)
(14-08-2014 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 08:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  It does seem out of F###ing control that is for sure. Time for the feds to step in and get this pot off the stove.

Yup.

I heard that they plan to release the name tomorrow. Gov. Nixon had the Highway Patrol take over the police effort. If they really do release the name tomorrow, I wonder what will happen...oh, and almost needless to say, the first day of school at Ferguson has been delayed. God, I would not want to go to school after all of that. Even if they have it start up Monday instead of tomorrow.

What a first week for my first job working with news.....

[Image: notagain.gif]
14-08-2014, 11:02 PM
When will we learn?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-08-2014, 11:10 PM
(14-08-2014 11:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  When will we learn?

If history has taught me anything, it's the answer to that question. The answer is: probably never.

[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
15-08-2014, 09:12 AM
And the Highway Patrol comes in, the SWAT team and local police are relieved of duty, the Highway Patrol shows the proper way to police a peaceful demonstration - no body armor no gas masks, no sniper rifles or machine guns, and whaddya know - no incidents. Shocking. Shocking

[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-08-2014, 10:16 AM
(14-08-2014 06:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I think a gas station being burnt down, looting, and shots fired at officers constitutes a riot worthy police intervention regardless of race. Did I miss something? Lol totally being serious, I'm missing something here... Huh

Yes, you've missed the bit where you're not supposed to judge all the black people based on the behaviour of a few.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
15-08-2014, 01:54 PM
They've given out the name. Also, they said the officer was treated for an injury after the event and just before the shooting, there was a "strong arm robbery" in the area. ABC article

15-08-2014, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
Today's synopsis.

Local Police Chief: The name of the officer is some white dude and oh, by the way, the deceased had shoplifted some blunts from a convenience store earlier.

Badass Highway Patrol Dude: The fuck Chief? You trying to reignite shit? You just associated shoplifting with a police shooting. This is not making my job of maintaining the peace any easier.

a few hours pass

Local Police Chief: The officer involved in the shooting was not aware of the deceased's relation to any other crime. He was stopped for obstructing traffic. That's it. ... Now will the Badass Highway Patrol Dude kindly take his foot out of my ass.

These fuckers inept attempts to cover their ass would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

16-08-2014, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
Today's Synopsis:

This is the most fascinating and riveting press conference I've ever seen. I literally saw the Governor get progressively red in the face as he exercised restraint. Something he's apparently not used to.