Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...
(24-11-2014 10:47 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Cops wear bullet proof vests to work for a reason - the job is dangerous.

This is true, although perhaps some handle the danger better than others:

85 shots: US cops use more ammo per man than Germans per year

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
25-11-2014, 09:04 AM
(24-11-2014 08:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The only 12 people who heard all the evidence made their decision. All evidence will now be released.

The Daily Mash on top form again ...

People who knew nothing about Ferguson riots able to work out exactly why they happened

Quote:A GROUP of people kept in isolation for the last six months has guessed exactly why there are riots in the US town of Ferguson.

According to the Institute for Studies every one of the dozen volunteers immediately said ‘an unarmed black guy was killed by a white policeman who was then let off’.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “We brought them out of isolation one at a time, told them there was a riot in an American suburb and asked why they thought that could be happening.

“Every single one, exact same answer, within about eight seconds. They may as well have rehearsed it.”

Professor Brubaker said that when he told the subjects their guess was exactly right, they all shrugged and looked at him as if they had just given him their name and address.

He added: “So anyway, it’s just something America might want to think about.”

The subjects will also be asked why they think Israel is bulldozing houses and why the banks have been in the news.
25-11-2014, 09:10 AM
A friend of mine uses these quotes and when I see events like Ferguson happen I think he is right on target.

Civility and civilization is but a thin veneer of disguise.

&

We are all Neanthertals with some light makeup on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 11:40 AM by dirtstar.)
OK please somebody help explain this to me.

I'm not sure I understand what anyone, much less a cop, is supposed to do if someone is physically threatening them? Are they supposed to just knuckle up as a way to defend oneself from a physically threatening perp? OK well so then it doesn't take a real smart person to understand the risk with the decision to just knuckle up and fight the perp right? Who knows what can happen right? Especially if the victim has a fucking gun on them! Anyone with a brain understands that if the victim gets physically overwhelmed by the perp, the perp could take the gun from the victim and end his life with it. Ok so that is simple enough I hope. Don't get into a physical altercation with people if it can be avoided and furthermore if you have a gun on you, don't get into a physical altercation because if you lose the perp could take your gun and kill you. On the flip side, don't attack someone physically when you know they have a gun if you don't want to die. Simple stuff really right?

Now let's frame this in reality. The victim in reality was a fucking cop. Fucking cops have guns.

So what are we asking cops to do in scenarios like these? Knuckle up and fight? All the while taking a risk that the perp could kick their ass and take their gun? Is that what we want cops to do? Seriously? Oh that makes me feel so safe knowing that armed cops may get their asses kicked when engaging in their physical altercations and their guns stolen on a daily basis. Is it really hard to understand why we can't ask cops to fight everyone on the street who wants to fight? Frusty
[+] 1 user Likes dirtstar's post
25-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Recently I had a friend get suspended because he chose NOT to pepper spray two people who were in a heated argument with each other. He felt he could solve it diplomatically. Unfortunately, had that argument evolved into a physical altercation, he could have been criminally liable for not using all means at his disposal to stop it. On the flip side, pepper spray someone and they receive an injury as a result, and your fate may be left to a jury whose train of thought begins with "fuck the police." Discount the fact that pepper spray, the management preferred method of controlling a situation since it presents the lowest risk of physical injury (even compared to unarmed physical restraint), is completely worthless on anyone with half an ounce of willpower or, better yet, a bit of adrenaline flowing through their veins.

It isn't the threat of danger that drives law enforcement away from their profession, it's the shit show that law enforcement has become. If you stay in long enough, you're eventually gonna end up in a situation where you'll get charged with something regardless of what you do. And even if you don't get criminally charged, management dishes out suspensions without a second thought about it just to protect themselves.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
25-11-2014, 12:53 PM
All law enforcement is damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I don’t know how anyone can choose that line of work, it must be difficult as hell and I, for one, greatly appreciate the “thin blue line”.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 01:33 PM
When the court determined the officer not guilty, I figured that would start a war.
On the news this morning, they said that 69 of the arrested people were from St. Louis .....not Ferguson . The damage they did wasn't for the loss of Mr. Brown, but just an excuse to cause havoc. I've seen this so many times up here in the north, call in outsiders....and they burn their own neighborhoods....what is the point in that???

As for the police officer, I agree that if I had a 260 lb 6 foot 4 man coming after me, I would shoot till he stopped. Consider

Please remember the Native American Indians Heart
[+] 1 user Likes justauntb's post
25-11-2014, 01:54 PM
(25-11-2014 01:33 PM)justauntb Wrote:  When the court determined the officer not guilty...

It was not a criminal trial.

He was not found not guilty. He was not found guilty.

(25-11-2014 01:33 PM)justauntb Wrote:  As for the police officer, I agree that if I had a 260 lb 6 foot 4 man coming after me, I would shoot till he stopped. Consider

And if he was a hundred feet away?

... this is my signature!
25-11-2014, 02:10 PM
(25-11-2014 01:33 PM)justauntb Wrote:  When the court determined the officer not guilty, I figured that would start a war.
On the news this morning, they said that 69 of the arrested people were from St. Louis .....not Ferguson . The damage they did wasn't for the loss of Mr. Brown, but just an excuse to cause havoc. I've seen this so many times up here in the north, call in outsiders....and they burn their own neighborhoods....what is the point in that???

As for the police officer, I agree that if I had a 260 lb 6 foot 4 man coming after me, I would shoot till he stopped. Consider

Somehow Mr. Brown isn't accountable for his actions in the minds of those left in the wake. Funny how teenagers can be 6-4 260 lbs but should be considered docile and non-threatening. Thumbsup What does the fact he was a teenager (probably 17 1/2 yrs old) have to do with it moreso than his character, temperment, and how he was parented anyway? I'm sad he lost his life but he was moreso accountable for that result than officer Wilson IMO. Proof? Well consider how it all started. Well before he even attempted to disrespect officer Wilson in the street that day he was caught on tape putting his hands on a store owner as if the store owner was his bitch then blatently took what he wanted as if he was entitled to it. He was lucky that store owner didn't shoot him before officer Wilson did. Therein lies the proof that he himself was moreso accountable for his own death. Acting like that will get you an early exit from the world and life I know of. Tragic ending indeed.
25-11-2014, 02:37 PM
(24-11-2014 08:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He is not indicted. I cant believe it.

Why? What did you witness?