Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...
the mayor of Ferguson and various leaders went into a session of prayer......in other words, nothing will change.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like shallwechat71's post
25-11-2014, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 11:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2014 01:54 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:33 PM)justauntb Wrote:  As for the police officer, I agree that if I had a 260 lb 6 foot 4 man coming after me, I would shoot till he stopped. Consider

And if he was a hundred feet away?

100 feet ~ 33 yards. My fat ass could cover that distance when I was his age in less than 5 seconds. Think I'll listen to the audio again and measure what was the time differential between the 2 flurries. That could be revealing. Good question physicist. I'm leaning towards the first few shots only irritated him further and he went all bull rush. I could see Girly doing that in a fugue.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Just read the 215 some odd page grand jury report. Eye witness testimonies are all over the place and not really consistent. Witness 10 describes two bull charges while some others say no charges occurred only stumbles in Wilson's direction. It is interesting that once the last volley of shots rang out, one witness says that's when everyone became upset at the officer. Still it seems no two witness accounts mirror the other much less three or more accounts of evidently the same scene. WTF? Do they witness shootings in the street everyday or something? If I had witnessed this I could at least describe the difference between a charging motion and a stumbling motion. It certainly wreaks of bias and cover up.

But really NONE OF IT MATTERS.

Why? Because if moments before you were seen punching a police officer through his window of his cruiser and yet you expect to be able to just run away without the officer shooting at you then you don't understand the law. Anytime an officer is struck by an offender he is free to raise his weapon and order you to stop for the arrest procedure to begin. If you do not stop you are a fleeing felon and you are not protected by any laws should the officer decide to shoot you. Game over.

Again I would hope I'm doing my job as a parent to instruct my children to respect authority so that they never feel there's ever a justification to attack a police officer through the window of his cruiser thus stripping him of the innocence of a civilian.
[+] 1 user Likes dirtstar's post
26-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Though I don't like the fact he was shot, the man had to defend him self somehow. Shame that some one had to die, but in the cops defense, it was self defense.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
26-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I think we will never know what started the confrontation. It seems unlikely to me that a man would, without provocation, punch a police officer in the face. I find it likely that the police office had slowed down to be an asshole. Still, Michael Brown's blood was found in the squad care, which means he cut himself assaulting the officer, I believe they found his DNA on the gun, which means the first shot was in close range, and all the shots that hit Brown where fired at him front facing, so he clearly wasn't fleeing. I think the grand jury made the right decisions here. The moral of the story is don't punch cops because they might kill you. Doubly so if you are a minority, unfortunately :/ .
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
26-11-2014, 01:28 PM
It really is a sad situation from every perspective but mainly that racism and reverse racism has found its way into this situation. Does anyone know what race I am? Probably not and has it mattered to you in regards to reading my posts? Probably not unless I myself am being racist. We can all listen to each other without prejudice and bias because we are as anonymous as we want to be. It's too bad that in reality the color of ones skin becomes not just a contributing factor but perhaps the factor based on perceptions and conclusions drawn from the start. Just really sad. Confused
26-11-2014, 04:10 PM
We can't say he was shot because he was black. If this dude was white and did what this guy did he likely would have been shot too. Just because the dude happened to be black doesn't necessarily make this a racial incident.

One thing would be certain if he was white however, this never would have made such headlines.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-11-2014, 05:21 PM
(26-11-2014 12:18 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I think we will never know what started the confrontation. It seems unlikely to me that a man would, without provocation, punch a police officer in the face. I find it likely that the police office had slowed down to be an asshole.

I read some more of cop's testimony and I find it hard to believe. A cop exhibiting only the utmost in politeness towards a couple of teenagers to pretty please get off the street and onto the sidewalk. Yeah right.

Vox has a good compare and contrast of the cop's testimony with the other kid's testimony.

Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally.

Michael Brown spent his last day with his friend Dorian Johnson. Here's what Johnson saw.

Here's my brother's read on it.
"I am just going to put this out for thought. I have worked with large, dangerous kids. Strong arm robbery was an everyday thing for some of them. I have taken them to the floor without hurting so much as their feelings. I have friends that are female that have done the same. If you have to shoot a kid, even a large, dangerous kid, you are not equipped to perform that job. Not even a race thing, it's still just a big kid acting the idiot."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-11-2014, 06:20 PM
(26-11-2014 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 12:18 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I think we will never know what started the confrontation. It seems unlikely to me that a man would, without provocation, punch a police officer in the face. I find it likely that the police office had slowed down to be an asshole.

I read some more of cop's testimony and I find it hard to believe. A cop exhibiting only the utmost in politeness towards a couple of teenagers to pretty please get off the street and onto the sidewalk. Yeah right.

Vox has a good compare and contrast of the cop's testimony with the other kid's testimony.

Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally.

Michael Brown spent his last day with his friend Dorian Johnson. Here's what Johnson saw.

Here's my brother's read on it.
"I am just going to put this out for thought. I have worked with large, dangerous kids. Strong arm robbery was an everyday thing for some of them. I have taken them to the floor without hurting so much as their feelings. I have friends that are female that have done the same. If you have to shoot a kid, even a large, dangerous kid, you are not equipped to perform that job. Not even a race thing, it's still just a big kid acting the idiot."

That second link is a rather interesting read.

I think it changes my perspective a bit actually. I think what most likely happened is the cop pulled up to the boys, asked them in a somewhat angry (but not overly aggressive, but not totally polite) tone to walk on the footpath. The boys reply in an equal tone that they'll be home soon and off the road. The cop than drives off and the boys keep talking, probably about how much of a prick cops are or whatever. The cop overhears and overreacts and backs up purposely a little close to the boys (trying to hit them but knowing they'd move). The cop has than said "what the fuck did you say boy" or something to that effect. Now the cop is angry because he thinks the boys have badmouthed him (or maybe they did to eachother as he was driving off) and the boys are angry because this cop just tried to run them over.
The cop has than tried to open the door on the boys and Brown has stopped him from doing so and closed the door on the cop. Brown has than gone to attack to the cop and the cop has defended himself but is holding onto Brown while Brown is punching him trying to probably punch him back or hold him while he reaches for his gun. The cop has than fired his weapon shooting Brown. Brown has than stumbled and walked away. The cop than gets out of his car, weapon drawn pointing at Brown. Brown has than turned around and in an angry manner charged at the cop (the dude had just shot him afterall) who than shot and killed him.

That's my take on it anyway.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-11-2014, 06:26 PM
This is why my husband won't let me watch the news anymore, but I think the police completely fucked this one up and I think people have the right to be pissed. And unfortunately people become so fed up they just explode act out in inappropriate way (looting, burning out buildings).

With all this in mind. I'm back under my rock.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon