Festivals in Croatia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: Festivals in Croatia
(11-07-2013 08:07 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 07:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  You know what's the best part of this beauty Dom? We are a small country, yet we have all sorts of nature beauties, the seaside, islands, mountains, hills, canyons, rivers, woods, forests, deserts... Everything except polar ice. I don't think you can find such diversity of nature in such a small place anywhere, seriously.
I do. It's called Minecraft. xD

Actually minecraft worlds are (to scale) many times larger than the actual earth.

[Image: the-more-you-know-o.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 02:19 AM
(11-07-2013 10:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 08:07 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I do. It's called Minecraft. xD

Actually minecraft worlds are (to scale) many times larger than the actual earth.

[Image: the-more-you-know-o.gif]

I know, incredible right? Kinda makes us (humans) like gods...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-07-2013, 02:38 AM
So, this Ultra Europe is finished. It was pretty epic. I wasn't there, but from what I heard, it was something like Sodom and Gomorrah. To tell you the truth, if I knew it was gonna be this good, I would have gone to see it all. Now, here is something interesting, this is something that you can not see in countries like USA...

These 3 young people you see on the picture are tourists from Australia, that came here to Ultra Festival and a day after the festival they saw the President of Croatia, while he was walking around the town, so they decided to take a few pictures with him. Tell me, if your friend comes and shows you this picture, would you believe him/her that this is in fact a president of one country?

[Image: josipovic_australci2-140713-625utekstcropiks.jpg]

[Image: josipovic_australci1-140713-625cropiks.jpg]

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
23-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Today I will be going to see Roger Waters - The Wall...

I also saw videos and pictures from Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. I know someone that went there. Kraftwerk, Dieter Meier, Deep Purple and Brian May... 'Nuff said.

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-07-2013, 02:08 PM
This was beautiful. My favorite part of The Wall experience was the surround system on a stadium. When those WW2 planes started flying around us and shooting, it was simply breathtaking...

I'll upload some of the pics and videos soon.

HoC, you should have seen this. Spectacular.

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-07-2013, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 06:41 PM by Luminon.)
(11-07-2013 05:19 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ahhhhh... This is more my style:

Lost Theory
http://www.losttheoryfestival.com/

... and right after Lost Theory is finished, I will just proceed to another, even better location.

Memento Demento (MO:DEM)
http://modemfestival.com/news/

So, you think you can (and will) do better? I haven't been out of my house all year, but this summer I will make up for the next 3 years. OK, I've been out of the house a few times, but you understand what I mean.
I recognize some of the names, which is very surprising after a lifetime of listening to what nobody listens. I even tried to listen to some of them, didn't quite make the cut, except for Tor Ma in Dub, who's two albums I like. The rest was either unknown, too bland or too noisy.

I suggest you look out for Shpongle's new album on Twisted Records. They're bound to make a tour with it.

And there's just the SUN festival in Hungary with the Ultimae Records
http://ultimae.com/en/news/24-28-july-20...ngary.html
You're missing it right now... It has Benji Vaughan from Twisted.
But the chill stage seems even more memorable, the Twisted and Ultimae guys together, and I mean, I know recognize a half of these artists. They're bound to be good if I know them Smile
http://sunfestival.info/2013/program-gui...cathedral/

I'm content with the mp3 versions, but if you want some good festivals, I don't know any better. Twisted, Ultimae, Altar, Aleph Zero and Interchill Records should be a safe bet.
02-08-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 05:46 AM by Filox.)
Oh. My. God.

I have to apologize to the rest of the world because I am one of the Croats. I am quite ashamed to be a part of this nation sometimes and this is one of those times.

Next weekend, on Friday and Saturday we were suppose to have Discoteque Riva with Fatboy Slim playing on Friday and Underworld playing on Saturday. 2 days ago (9 days before the start of the party!) I heard that Underworld have canceled the party and I heard that because they have said so on their official Facebook. Then, yesterday, even bigger shock and shame came. Fatboy Slim will also NOT be coming to Split. Why? Because some stupid retarded motherfucker didn't pay what he needed to pay for the party to be made. You see, it was suppose to be in the center of the city, the mayor gave his permission, but the price was a lousy 10.000 Euros for renting the Riva and he had to have another 66.000 Euros for insurance, in case something need to be fixed after the party. The retard that called himself "an organizer" wanted for the city to give him everything for free. Imagine that. The mayor said there is no way he can get the whole center of the city for free, when there will be thousands of people there and the event will bring tons of money. At least it should have.

So while the stupid man was waiting for the positive answer from the mayor (although he already got the negative answer) he was selling the tickets (20 Euros for one night, 35 Euros for 2 nights) and didn't inform anyone that he still does not have a permit for the party. 9 days before the start. Can you believe this SHIT?!?

Of course, when Underworld saw what they are doing, they simply canceled everything. Day after, Fatboy Slim did the same thing. The problem is that people have already bought the tickets, planed their annual holidays for this, rented rooms for this date...

Personally, I don't care all that much, because I haven't bought the tickets and I have other, more important festivals to attend. BUT! The fact that this is not the first time, that Croatian organizers have fucked up some of the biggest names in the world of music today, this just makes me so ... fucked up! This is not the picture we want to send to the world, we are a fucking tourist destination and this is completely UNACCEPTABLE!

I am sorry about this, I apologize in name of my retarded compatriot.

FUCK!

P.S.

BTW, this is how it was last year, when Carl Cox was playing. Also, he said this was the best party he ever played at. Carl Cox. This statement means something, that makes all this BS even worse.

[Image: cc.jpg]

[Image: 20100815-125822_46dsc1507.jpg]

[Image: carl_cox_split_2.jpg]

[Image: 0000985449_l_0_7ecik8.jpg]

FUCK!

FUCK!!!

-Hunter S. Thompson
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
(02-08-2013 05:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh. My. God.

I have to apologize to the rest of the world because I am one of the Croats. I am quite ashamed to be a part of this nation sometimes and this is one of those times.

Personally, I don't care all that much, because I haven't bought the tickets and I have other, more important festivals to attend. BUT! The fact that this is not the first time, that Croatian organizers have fucked up some of the biggest names in the world of music today, this just makes me so ... fucked up! This is not the picture we want to send to the world, we are a fucking tourist destination and this is completely UNACCEPTABLE!
Don't worry, we Czechs are lenient to the inhabitants of our largest seaside colony Wink Anyway that sounds so much like my government that you make us feel at home.
15-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Last reminder. Lost theory has started and I am going there tomorrow. See you in 10 days.

-Hunter S. Thompson
18-08-2013, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2013 02:23 PM by ELK12695.)
Ahh, you don't have any of this?

Forgive me, but I just had to...

But seriously Filox, I need to ask, does Croatia give a shit about Eurovison? It's just some idea I've formed since many ex-Yugoslavia countires seem to have a lot of over the top preformances when it happens.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post