Fetishzation and the Yaoi fangirl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Fetishzation and the Yaoi fangirl
I've been doing some thinking, and I realize that I am horrible in my fangirlism. You see as a bisexual I tend to find it annoying and misogynistic that a lot of men and quiet a few women only wish to date me because of my sexuality. Usually they think I automatically want a threesome or orgy of some sort. Giving no thoughts to my emotional or intellectual pursuits because of course I'm bi and will have sex with anybody and find everyone attractive.

However as yaoi fangirl aren't I doing the same thing to gay/bi men no matter how fictional they may be? Your thoughts?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Fetishzation and the Yaoi fangirl
(21-11-2013 10:28 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I've been doing some thinking, and I realize that I am horrible in my fangirlism. You see as a bisexual I tend to find it annoying and misogynistic that a lot of men and quiet a few women only wish to date me because of my sexuality. Usually they think I automatically want a threesome or orgy of some sort. Giving no thoughts to my emotional or intellectual pursuits because of course I'm bi and will have sex with anybody and find everyone attractive.

However as yaoi fangirl aren't I doing the same thing to gay/bi men no matter how fictional they may be? Your thoughts?

People can be horribly shallow because, in my opinion, many of them shut down their critical thinking skills so they can talk about the all-important twerking and laugh about rape jokes. *Sigh* No one should treat you as though you're not a complete person, and then just assume you exist for the purpose acting out their fantasies. Trust me, there are actually accepting, smart adults out there. I hope you will find one soon. Being bi doesn't have to mean promiscuous, but again, people who have to dedicate their life to shitty reality TV shows and the like will believe otherwise.

As for the second part (I had to Google Yaoi LOL!), it's different being a fangirl of something of that nature because it's fictional. You wouldn't expect that type thing from someone you hope to be in a relationship with, from what I gather. So it is not the same thing.

I hope I sort of helped!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply