Fiber

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: Fiber
Just eat real foods...simplest way I know of. Try to switch to whole grains--same food as before, but more fiber, more nutrition, and helpful in controlling your weight (if that matters). Just eating real whole foods in lieu of packaged and processed food will give you more fiber than any pills will.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
18-01-2016, 11:07 PM
(18-01-2016 09:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 04:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  As someone who suffered from diverticulitis and had 18 inches of my colon removed, I would suggest fiber capsules every day.

Been there myself. Got to wear a bag for a while too.

Ugh. Thankfully my doctor had two good ends to join, I was dreading the bag.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2016, 11:12 PM
(18-01-2016 11:07 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 09:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Been there myself. Got to wear a bag for a while too.

Ugh. Thankfully my doctor had two good ends to join, I was dreading the bag.

I was lucky I only had to wear it for six months.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Pears, apples, cabbage.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
20-01-2016, 11:34 AM
A lot of good suggestions in here.

As a supplement, Quest Bars made by Quest Nutrition are good. They are protein bars that pack a fibrous (anywhere from 13 grams to 17 grams per bar, from what I've seen) punch. I'm typically a big eater (two meals a day is my habit). However, on days where I have a lot to do, I don't much care to eat a big meal beforehand, because of the lethargy. I like to keep Quest bars around for a quick snack; a handful of almonds, maybe an apple or a banana, and a Quest bar is my go-to for those days.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
20-01-2016, 12:21 PM
The doctor told me I needed more fiber.

So I ate a wool sweater.

The trick - is adding enough cheese.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Fiber 1 cereal is a good way to start the day. Also, red lentils, cabbage, brussel sprouts will have you hustling the bathroom in the morning. Substituting brown rice for white rice also adds more fiber. I have taken metamucil as well which works really well, but you need to take the right amount. I haven't found the capsules to really do the trick.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
20-01-2016, 01:07 PM
(29-12-2015 02:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's come to my attention that I need more fiber in my diet. How do I make sure I get enough fiber? Also, how do I make sure I have no more digestive problems? (I have gone to my doctor about this and they recommended a fiber drink and changing my diet).

I would recommend what my doctor said to me. Eat 4 meals a day and one of them a fruit meal. Fruit has fiber, which is in fruit. Don't eat anything except fruit for an hour before and an hour after. A big meal sized bowl of fruit. He said hat fruit's benef it is wasted if you eat it with other things because different digestive juices are needed for fruit. Mixing fruit is best. Think of a tropical vacation and ordering a fruit salad at the beach in Tahiti. Papaya and mango and water melon and orange sections or apple slices, cantalope at least 3 kinds of fruit, and do it every day. A lot better than mixing up that Metamucil powder and gagging it down.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
20-01-2016, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 01:16 PM by DerFish.)
Real food doesn't carry a label. ANy food that has a label is so you can see how much non food has been added to your food. Dig a potato out of the ground and you will not find a label, pick a peach off a tree and there is no label but buy a can of peaches and there is a label. Why? Because a can of peaches has had enuf nonfood added so it is no longer real food.Take care of your body it is the only one you'll get.
21-01-2016, 02:09 PM
(20-01-2016 01:07 PM)DerFish Wrote:  I would recommend what my doctor said to me. Eat 4 meals a day and one of them a fruit meal.. {snip}

Fascinating -- I've never heard that before, but it sounds tasty and worth a try.

I just realized that I've been improvising a fiber-rich breakfast with an interesting balance on weekdays. One morning I'll do oatmeal, and the next one I'll do Bran Buds with psyllium fiber, so I'm getting a mixture of soluble and insoluble fiber over a 2-day span.

Don't bother with instant oatmeal packets, either; I've found something that works better and is considerably cheaper. When I put the tea water on to boil I grab a handful of quick oats and toss it into a bowl. Sometimes I very lightly salt the oats. When the kettle boils I put some water into the teacup and some into the bowl of oats, and by the time the tea is steeped the oatmeal is ready too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post