Fiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Fiction
I've recently completed my book which is a kind of superhero fan-fiction that takes place in the DC Universe and a universe of my own making. If anyone would like to take a peek at the first 10 chapters, they are available online and I can give each person a link if they want to send me a private message requesting one.

Recently my mother and I were talking about it and I asked her what kind of book she would write if she were to write one. She replied that she would have to write a book that was non-fiction. She said that whatever she wrote, it would have to contain truthful statements about the world as it is now, so historical non-fiction was also off the list.

I bring this up because my mother believes in a higher power, in god. She prays for things in her life and through coincidence, some of those "prayers" are miraculously answered. Pray for a parking spot...."Oh look there is one. Thank you god."

For her to insist upon a factual book and then believe in the fiction of the bible seems at odds with logic and reason.

I also bring up my own book because even though I'm an atheist, my fictional book still contains god like beings, karma, and unexplained superhero stuff.

I would find it strange if in a 1000 years someone would read my book and think it was all real and every bit of it truly happened and yet it's more than possible considering the people who read the bible and can't seem to tell fact from fiction.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2015, 10:05 PM
RE: Fiction
When I read, I prefer non-fiction, but when I write, I write fiction.
14-05-2015, 12:29 AM
The Bible is one of the greatest tales of fiction ever written. I mean seriously, its crazy. But what's funny is that if it were presented to someone who wasn't told it was a holy book, they would automatically assume it was only a story.
14-05-2015, 07:43 AM
(14-05-2015 12:29 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The Bible is one of the greatest tales of fiction ever written. I mean seriously, its crazy. But what's funny is that if it were presented to someone who wasn't told it was a holy book, they would automatically assume it was only a story.

If the bible was presented to an alien culture they would probably think:
1) how boring
2) did anyone proof this thing
3) what's the point

Upon learning that it is the basis for a major religion
1) ????
2) nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post