Fighters corner.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: Fighters corner.
(06-04-2015 09:46 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:30 PM)cactus Wrote:  The closest for me would be Ninja Gaiden Black, which is a FANTASTIC game.

If it is in the fighting game genre it is good.

I'll count it, because the combat is really nuanced and fast-paced with lots of combo moves, though I would also categorize it as action/adventure with light RPG elements. It's also hard as balls on anything above easy difficulty.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 11:01 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Ninja Gaiden Black is a Spectacle Fighter, other games in this genre include God of War, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengenace.

That genre focuses on player skill and chaining combos together, and are often very difficult; and almost exclusively single-player affairs. This is on contrast to the Hack & Slash genre which usually adds in more character progression and RPG elements, often with simpler mechanics which can allow for co-operative multiplayer; such as Gauntlet, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Diablo.

Usually 'fighting' when used in such shorthand is in reference to Tournament Fighters, like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, etc.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-04-2015, 06:32 AM
(06-04-2015 05:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 05:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In the Middle East - blasting the shit out of each other is the national sport........

RPG's are as ambiguous as hockey sticks, cricket bats or baseball bats......

And just as much fun.....

Well I don't like weapons like that anyway. Do you play video games biker?

I was working at an arcade in 1977 when they got their first video game "Space Wars". Been playing ever since.

The last couple of years I simply haven't had much time for it. Always something else to do.

My favorites are 1st person shootemups... I've played more than a few - all the way back to "Duke Nukem".Quake. Doom. Halo. Serious Sam, Black. Ect, ect... Played all the way through and have NEVER used a cheat code.

Also GTA - from the original PC version up to Vice City. (tried the later ones, didn't like).

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Two words. Dive. Kick.

That is all.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-04-2015, 08:04 AM
(07-04-2015 07:49 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Two words. Dive. Kick.

That is all.

That or a similar type of open wacky game named Lethal League are ones I can be amused by. I've never cared for many fighting games themselves, the technical applications of apply this technique on this frame of a characters movement or recall the quarter circle move to button combo thang.

I prefer games where chaos must ensue. I'd much rather see competitive games embrace that, it's like football/futball games in the rain. That's far superior to watch.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Been a Tekken nerd ever since the first. Tekken 7 is one of the two games (the other being Fallout 4) that I'm waiting for before I bother investing in my next console.

I won $500 in a Tekken 3 contest at a local arcade when I was in high school.

I was also very much into Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 back in the day.

Every year as a kid I'd ask for skiing lessons at Crystal Mountain (Washington state) for Christmas and go every weekend for like 3 months straight. I'd usually ditch the lessons and just go ski on my own nonstop until I was so exhausted I could barely stand, after which time I'd head to the lodge and vegetate until it was time to go home. The year they added a Mortal Kombat 2 machine to the arcade was the year I dumped a shitload of quarters that in previous years would have been reserved for junk food Tongue Fun times.

So yeah, I guess fighting games are one of my favorite genres.

'Murican Canadian
07-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Another fun Tekken experience you might appreciate was at the arcades in Japan. They have them set up so you'd have one player on one screen opposite another player on another screen, as opposed to two on the same arcade machine. The second I'd sit down in front of a Tekken Tag arcade machine and start cleaning house, a line of Japanese people would form on the other and it became their mission to kick my white ass off lol. All in good fun, of course. They couldn't let a foreigner show them up in their own arcade.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-04-2015, 12:10 PM
(07-04-2015 08:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Another fun Tekken experience you might appreciate was at the arcades in Japan. They have them set up so you'd have one player on one screen opposite another player on another screen, as opposed to two on the same arcade machine. The second I'd sit down in front of a Tekken Tag arcade machine and start cleaning house, a line of Japanese people would form on the other and it became their mission to kick my white ass off lol. All in good fun, of course. They couldn't let a foreigner show them up in their own arcade.

First: Get an xbox one for tekken 7 so I can whoop your ass in it.

Second: I know about Japanese arcades, I will be there when they stop porting some fighting games on xbox and PC.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-04-2015, 12:22 PM
(07-04-2015 12:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-04-2015 08:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Another fun Tekken experience you might appreciate was at the arcades in Japan. They have them set up so you'd have one player on one screen opposite another player on another screen, as opposed to two on the same arcade machine. The second I'd sit down in front of a Tekken Tag arcade machine and start cleaning house, a line of Japanese people would form on the other and it became their mission to kick my white ass off lol. All in good fun, of course. They couldn't let a foreigner show them up in their own arcade.

First: Get an xbox one for tekken 7 so I can whoop your ass in it.

Second: I know about Japanese arcades, I will be there when they stop porting some fighting games on xbox and PC.

I'll definitely get it, and you probably will whoop my ass if you're halfway decent at it. I still love the series, but I haven't kept up with the changing mechanics. I still play Tekken 6 pretty much the same way I played Tekken 3. I haven't learned all the juggles and shit like that.

'Murican Canadian
07-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Quote:Seeing as how they take more skill than most other games I don't see how they can be stupid.

Required "skill" is not the determining factor that makes a game great.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post