Fighters corner.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 03:44 AM
RE: Fighters corner.
(06-04-2015 08:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fighting games are stupid.

Everybody I know who says that sucks at 'em. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-04-2015, 06:36 AM
(08-04-2015 03:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fighting games are stupid.

Everybody I know who says that sucks at 'em. Tongue

Oh I am terrible at them and proud to be. But I am terrible at them because they suck and I don't play them. They don't suck because I'm terrible at them.

If a game is good and I suck at it I will work to become better.
I suck at Football Manager but I don't think that is a bad game.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 07:36 AM
I like fighting games, and everything I like automatically doesn't suck. It's a proven scientific fact. Take your irrationality to the Call of Duty thread.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-04-2015, 07:49 AM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
08-04-2015, 08:37 AM
(08-04-2015 07:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I like fighting games, and everything I like automatically doesn't suck. It's a proven scientific fact. Take your irrationality to the Call of Duty thread.

Oh you want more in-depth analysis?

Fighting games:
1 person stands here --> <-- another person stands here.
Buttons are pressed and arms and legs flail around until 1 person's health drops to 0.

Thus, stupid.

08-04-2015, 08:44 AM
(08-04-2015 08:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 07:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I like fighting games, and everything I like automatically doesn't suck. It's a proven scientific fact. Take your irrationality to the Call of Duty thread.

Fighting games:
Buttons are pressed and arms and legs flail around until 1 person's health drops to 0.

Thus, stupid.

By that definition pretty much every game is stupid.

Pixel character stands here, buttons pressed until end credits.

'Murican Canadian
08-04-2015, 11:52 AM
(07-04-2015 07:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Seeing as how they take more skill than most other games I don't see how they can be stupid.

Required "skill" is not the determining factor that makes a game great.

What makes a game great is if you want to play it........

Nothing else....

It's like sex. You're going to like stuff that your friends think dull, dopey or disgusting.

And vice versa...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-04-2015, 12:12 PM
(08-04-2015 08:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Fighting games:

Thus, stupid.

Well it is a bit more than that. Keep in mind that it is not easy. There are things like blocking,frames, hitboxes, dashes, combos. And each fighter is so much different from the other. Street fighter is sooooooooooo much different from Killer instinct that only thing connecting them is the 2D fighting plain.

Oh and by the way if anything is stupid, it is those shooters kids play. You play one shooter you played them all.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2015, 06:09 PM
(08-04-2015 08:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 08:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh you want more in-depth analysis?

Fighting games:

Thus, stupid.

By that definition pretty much every game is stupid.

Pixel character stands here, buttons pressed until end credits.

No because other games have depth. Story, actual gameplay beyond the aforementioned style. Better scenery (actual scenery for that matter), better music, actually fun, far less repetitive etc...

Quote:Well it is a bit more than that. Keep in mind that it is not easy. There are things like blocking,frames, hitboxes, dashes, combos. And each fighter is so much different from the other. Street fighter is sooooooooooo much different from Killer instinct that only thing connecting them is the 2D fighting plain.

Oh and by the way if anything is stupid, it is those shooters kids play. You play one shooter you played them all.

You talk about each being different and then say that all shooters are the same?
Son, you are one stupid motherfucker.

08-04-2015, 07:03 PM
(08-04-2015 06:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No because other games have depth. Story, actual gameplay beyond the aforementioned style. Better scenery (actual scenery for that matter), better music, actually fun, far less repetitive etc...

That is just one of many with a story just because a game does not spoon feed on the whole story doesn't make it have no depth.

Better scenery: Many fighters you get to interact with environments like every one else

Gameplay:Much more satisfying with a fighting game. Any one with a controller or mouse and keyboard can go 50-1 but let someone pull off a 200 hit combo. Much more satisfying.

Better music: On youtube reptiles theme:

Uploaded six years ago, 3 million views, 13,890 likes-228 dislikes

Halo Theme:

1 million views, 11,669 likes 238 dislikes

Yeah so how do fighting games have terrible music? I am nice not to mention the theme that goes with every thing.

Repetative: No, not they way things are done in fighters. KI for example everything is unexpected, even when you expect something. Mortal Kombat is the same. Nothing is seen in tekken. Hell even street fighter keeps things interesting.

Let us also remember come backs in fighting games are much better.

(08-04-2015 06:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You talk about each being different and then say that all shooters are the same?
Son, you are one stupid motherfucker.

Nah. Look at street fighter vs mortal kombat game play. They have very little in common as the combos are different, the mechanics are different.

Then look at battlefield and call of duty. One is slower, and the major difference is that one you have to kill to use the helicopter, the other you just have to be faster than the person next to you.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube