Fighters corner.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Fighters corner.
Shooters are all different and fighters are all different. Some have good stories, some don't. That said, I can't say that I care about the storyline in most fighters any more than I do when I step onto the mat to spar with someone in real life. I don't need to roleplay a fake scenario to make it fun. The competition fulfills that role.

Some shooters do have awesome plots though. I despise the whole Call of Duty series, but I'm a hardcore Borderlands addict. Tiny Tina is the shit.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
I was really into Street Fighter at one point and I mained Cammy in everything I played with Zangief as my secondary.

Guilty Gear was fun, I mained Faust and seconded Millia.

Mortal Kombat is weird for me because it's just not made for the human fingers.

I got into a huge conversation with a friend of mine and we decided that as a story, Mortal Kombat had the most potential, but it was marred after Deadly Alliance, because once Liu Kang died they put in a lot of characters no one really cared about, like Ashrah and Nitara.

I think I do agree with him.
28-06-2015, 08:13 PM
(01-06-2015 04:27 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  I was really into Street Fighter at one point and I mained Cammy in everything I played with Zangief as my secondary.

I got into a huge conversation with a friend of mine and we decided that as a story, Mortal Kombat had the most potential, but it was marred after Deadly Alliance, because once Liu Kang died they put in a lot of characters no one really cared about, like Ashrah and Nitara.

Games before 9 are non canon.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-07-2015, 12:11 PM
I've increased my overall win percentage with Mileena in MKX to 93%.

On a side note, I'm really not impressed with Predator.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-07-2015, 12:12 PM
(28-06-2015 08:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 04:27 PM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  I was really into Street Fighter at one point and I mained Cammy in everything I played with Zangief as my secondary.

Games before 9 are non canon.

No, they're canon... the only non-canon is MKvsDC. 9 just changed the history of all previous MKs via time traveling retconning.

14-07-2015, 12:13 PM
If you remember, the beginning of 9 takes place at the end of Armageddon.

14-07-2015, 12:21 PM
(08-04-2015 08:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 07:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I like fighting games, and everything I like automatically doesn't suck. It's a proven scientific fact. Take your irrationality to the Call of Duty thread.

Oh you want more in-depth analysis?

Fighting games:
1 person stands here --> <-- another person stands here.
Buttons are pressed and arms and legs flail around until 1 person's health drops to 0.

Thus, stupid.

You sound like an old man analyzing video games from the cradle of ignorance.

I love you Muffs, but this is probably the most ignorant statement I've seen you type. And that says a lot.

Tekken, SF, KI, and MK are so COMPLETELY different and individualistic from one another that it really baffles me those words came from your fingers.

My only conclusion is that you've never actually played these games and you're ranting from complete ignorance... for whatever reason.

14-07-2015, 03:23 PM
(08-04-2015 08:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 07:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I like fighting games, and everything I like automatically doesn't suck. It's a proven scientific fact. Take your irrationality to the Call of Duty thread.

Oh you want more in-depth analysis?

Fighting games:
1 person stands here --> <-- another person stands here.
Buttons are pressed and arms and legs flail around until 1 person's health drops to 0.

Thus, stupid.

Wrong again, Muffs.
The players spawn in their places...
Then one player then proceeds to sweep the legs until he wins.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-07-2015, 08:04 PM
(14-07-2015 12:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 08:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Games before 9 are non canon.

No, they're canon... the only non-canon is MKvsDC. 9 just changed the history of all previous MKs via time traveling retconning.

Yeah but if they changed history many things never happened. I.e lui kangs death at the hands of deadly alliance, mileena's death at the hands of kitana.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube