Fighting Games

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Fighting Games
So, does anyone else here enjoy playing fighting games/want to play over PlayStation Network?

My favourite is Arcana Heart 3. It has a special place in my heart as the first fighting game I ever took seriously and learned combos in and such. Tongue Thanks to the Arcana system it's incredibly balanced, too! Probably the most balanced fighting game I've ever played. I main Scharlachrot, Zenia, and Heart.

I've also got Tekken Tag Tournament 2, BlazBlue Continuum Shift, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, King of Fighters XIII, Skullgirls, and am borrowing Soul Calibur IV from my brother (who also has Soul Calibur V, so I could borrow it from him sometime I'm sure). These are all for PS3 (I don't have an XBox 360). On PC I have Melty Blood Act Cadenza and Actress Again: Current Code and Touhou Hisoutensoku.

Anyone else enjoy fighting games and/or want to play a few games sometime? Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Fighting Games
I used to like street fighter alpha 3 and 3rd strike. But I was horrible at both.

Soul caliber was ok too, but it was too easy to spam.

No adays I avoid fighting games because I suck at them and am too old to upgrade my skill.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
30-10-2012, 08:26 AM
No fighting games here. But me and my wife recently got a ps3 recently and I've been ADDICTED to GT5 and the new final fantasy.
Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I play fighting games as much as I can, but neer have opponents cause the fighting game crowd is really disgusting. I'll hae a PS3 again when I get back to canada, I own soul calibur 4, KoF 12 (didn't realize it wasn't a full game), and irtua Fighter 5. Never tried arcana hearts enjoyed the new mortal combat, and plenty of other fighters I rented though my partner is not into fighting games. King of Fighters is my favorite, though I'm not sure completely about 13 didn't play it enough to be certain. A lot of characters aren't there anymore. When I get back to Canada we'll figure something out =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
30-10-2012, 09:08 AM
The only fighting games that I play regularly are the Smash Bros games. Ain't nothing gonna come close to them. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
30-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Ooh, I played Street Fighter 3rd Strike a little! I was also terrible at it. xD Q seemed so cool, though! Tongue

I also love the Smash Bros. games! Do you have Super Smash Bros: Project M? Its online multiplayer isn't fully worked out yet, but I've been playing that a bit recently! I'm looking forward to the 2.5 demo release!

We'll have to play King of Fighters, then, when you return to Canada, Lilith! ^_^

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
30-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Q was a really wierd character. 3rd strike was generally dominated by elena fans. I always use every character so usually I don't have one to name for myself. I'e also always been good at using the tanks in Street FIghter so I probably used Hugo more than anyone else. Besides Poison (his manager) is trans =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
30-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Oh, yeah, I wanted to use Poison in Street Fighter X Tekken if I ever played it. Tongue

30-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I'e yet to try the game though I probably will eentually

30-10-2012, 10:21 AM
yay for tekken tag, also marvel vs capcom, and virtua fighter

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post