Fill in the blank = Addiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: Fill in the blank = Addiction
I most certainly think religion is an addiction. My one friend goes to church because of 'how she feels after'. To her, she is filled with the HS. She just got a huge endorphin rush and is feeding off it for the rest of the day.

I once heard a preacher preach about 'inducing the Holy Spirit through out the week and to practice at home'. Practice? Hmmm....

In Alcoholics Anonymous the last and final step is to give up your control to God (or higher power). I know many addicts that have replaced their drug addiction with a religious addiction, some of them just become absolute radically so.

When I de-converted, it's like a detoxing process. The less time I spent praying the more I spent thinking and did less 'feeling' of my thoughts.

Religion, praying, obsessing all makes measurable physical chemical exchanges in the brain and people rely and crave this rush. Same as drugs but self induced.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
12-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Kim, that is, indeed, and interesting thought.

Out of curiosity, where would I lie on the addiction scale?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-01-2012, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 04:23 AM by kim.)
(12-01-2012 01:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Kim, that is, indeed, and interesting thought.

Out of curiosity, where would I lie on the addiction scale?

Ha! - You Kingsy might be a functioning addict.
Just like me. [Image: 3.gif]

Of course, not everyone has an addictive personality.
I think addiction becomes serious when one loses the ability to acknowledge it, and it's effect on your's and others' lives.
That's just my opinion.

Damn! -my coffee's cold! Angry fuckfuckfuckfuck!!! Dodgy
This reminds me; I once worked with a woman who became addicted to soap operas and romance novels. She became delusional, and finally had a psychotic episode so help was forced upon her.
What a human mind we live with, huh? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-01-2012, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:02 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS5-uYLiKmw

I see this as a pretty severe addiction just like if someone would kill for drugs, radical theist would do the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cI4eSx2Gsc

I love Olivia, she is the prime example of an indoctrinated child. Also another little pentacostal girl also shows the same hatred that her religions has planted within her. You may not believe I should judge these children because I don't know them but it is blatantly obvious that they won't like me or you and especially even more so in the future unless they radically change.

Thoughts on this?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
12-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Life = Addiction

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-01-2012, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 04:20 AM by kim.)
(12-01-2012 04:45 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cI4eSx2Gsc
Thoughts on this?

Well, that's creepy.
I wasn't raised in religion, so the thought wouldn't even have occurred to me to want to emulate a religious service as a child. Where is their tolerance for the others? Their parents should be ashamed of themselves even more than the children!
Those kids are going to have a lot of struggle growing up. I wonder if they will ever take responsibility for their misunderstandings or their blatant hatreds? I wouldn't bet on it. Undecided
Oooh... topically - which of these kids will grow up to be addicted to religion? The sad thing is; it is the acceptable addiction, so they may not stand a chance.
The little Jewish girl who was questioning her beliefs -I wish they would have stayed on her more. As usual, there's an Atheist just trying to make it through her day! Shy
Thanks for sharing that.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Kid Nation Bless Us and Keep Us Safe part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH-yIg77J08

Kid Nation Bless Us and Keep Us Safe part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FdDkbLpr...re=related

Kid Nation Bless Us and Keep Us Safe part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtAdrqb0...re=related

Kid Nation Bless Us and Keep Us Safe part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtd4s8T-J...re=related

Kid Nation Bless Us and Keep Us Safe part 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6st0jBzg...re=related

This was an interesting show. Its called Kid Nation. This is the 4th episode with religion. These children are more blatantly honest then their parents and will show their views on things.

You are extremely lucky you weren't born into a religious family. I would have given an arm for that. Children should be more acceptable than this but already you can see hatred beginning to grow.

Olivia and the Pentecostal girl already have the hatred coming out from them. They don't just hate the views they think other views are completely wrong and stupid which is outrageous. They are already separating themselves from others.

I included the whole episode so you can see more thoughts from her and all the kids.

Your welcome, I like looking for videos on religion. Even though this is not anything that debunks religion it shows even with children it can be divisive and hurtful.

I think its obvious that the Pentecostal girl and the Olivia girl are already addicted so they have no chance in the future.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
15-01-2012, 02:54 PM
(15-01-2012 02:27 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Kid Nation
Even though this is not anything that debunks religion it shows even with children it can be divisive and hurtful.

I think its obvious that the Pentecostal girl and the Olivia girl are already addicted so they have no chance in the future.

I agree! In fact, I would go so far as to say their upbringing would amount to child abuse -or child endangerment at the very least. They have no future.
There is a lot of revealing material here... which certainly shows what nonsense religion is and how unnecessary it is.
And childhood is where some addictions begin to take hold. Good job. Cool

15-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I think I'm addicted to addiction.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-01-2012, 06:01 PM
(15-01-2012 04:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I think I'm addicted to addiction.

Ha! - Many people are in fact that is more or less, the description of an addictive personality. It's almost like one is that way, and so one can practically choose what to be addicted to. It's very interesting. I've also seen people who don't have an addictive personality at all, who have become addicts. Shy