Fill in the blank = Addiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: Fill in the blank = Addiction
I am so glad to see this post. As someone who didn't know, but didn't really care, it took family members going from over the top partiers to way over the top christians to make me care, and make me finally admit/decide that I don't believe. What I do believe is that my family members traded one addiction for another. Granted, it was a result of having a child and it was a change for the better, I guess, (they were pretty gnarly), but they are so over the top that it is just obvious to me that they replaced their drugs with religion. (Well, illegal drugs anyways.) The more I read on this forum the more I feel confirmed. All these thoughts and feelings that I am having are extremely common. So, THANKS! Great concept about addiction to religion.

“Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must live." ~Charles Bukowski
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HiLiKuS's post
26-01-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: Fill in the blank = Addiction
(26-01-2012 06:37 PM)HiLiKuS Wrote:  What I do believe is that my family members traded one addiction for another.

I've seen it. And the religion can have just as strong a hold because it is a drug - a legal drug!

I like your Bukowski quote.
Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post