Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Honeybee Inn Gay Gang Rape?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Do you remember it from the original? Dressing like a woman? Possibly participating in a gay orgy - or unwilling sexual assault (maybe rape) by gay group in a sauna in a brothel? Acting as a gay prostitute to "save the girl"? Well, I do. If you don't

So this is going to controversial when the remake is released. I've been hearing a lot of people talking about this with VERY different opinions, and for VERY different reasons.

I've heard from strait gamers that it should remain in much the same form because it's part of the game, deal with it. It gives the game some humor, makes it quirky, or they just didn't think it was a big deal. I've also heard from straight gamers that they should take it out, it's offensive, or it makes them uncomfortable, or its only the possible rape/assault that makes it bad, they should just tweak that; or they should keep the scenes, but make the gay people less stereotypical.

On the other hand, I've head from non-straight/trans people that think is should stay in, because this game was way ahead of it's time, and gave them something that was relatable, or some kind of representation in games when it was completely out of the question back then. Some would like to tweak the gay people, or leave them the same for comedic effect. Some find the whole thing offensive, and want everything removed (though surprisingly few, I think).

Personally, I would rather they keep this part of the game in, though I think they either need to go with more outlandish stuff stuff to make it clear it's a comedy, or tone it back a bit and make it somewhat more serious - or keep it as is with options to 'opt out' whenever.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Honeybee Inn Gay Gang Rape?
As a kid, I had no idea what this scene was. When I played this game again as an adult I was like Ohmy Gasp Shocking the hell is going on in this establishment?!

I'm curious to see exactly how they're going to treat this scene in the remake, if it's even in there.

I hope Nobuo Uematsu is in on this shit too with some remastered tracks. Either way, I think the remake will be epic.
[+] 2 users Like Grimm's post
18-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Because Japan?

[Image: japan_why_are_the_japanese_so_weird-s750x600-29094.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Well its an unknown to the original player choice to choose that let's all get sweaty up against each other room.

The other choice goes down with Cloud having an early showcase of his mental breakdowns. I'm not a big, oh where's the other side outrage see its silly person, but hey its a sketchy amnesia & schizophrenia depiction in that other room.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-09-2016, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 11:19 AM by cactus.)
I hope they keep that scene and make it even more graphic. Visible penetration or gtfo. It's time for the Final Fantasy franchise to expand into the AO market. Who's with me? Smile

Then they can have a FF/Bayonetta crossover and... wooo, it's getting hot in here Yes

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
18-09-2016, 05:55 PM
It's Japan, they're not gonna not do something because it might offend someone.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-09-2016, 10:26 PM
I was reading about it, and the big wigs addressed this specifically - apparently they were going to cut it out altogether, and the fans got really angry, probably most of them remembered dressing like a girl, and not the super creepy options at the Honeybee Inn, or they never choose the option to do the scene above. Like someone said, it is optional, but it is a prerequisite to getting the bikini briefs, which you need for Cloud to get chosen as the whore, which you need in order to have the funny interracial gay date with Barrett...this sounds weirder when I actually have to think to type it out. Big Grin Anyway, I usually choose this option because it's more comedic. ANYWAY - the big wigs are now saying they are keeping it in the remake, but they are 'making some changes', so I am guessing they are toning it down quite a bit. Hope they at least keep it fun and funny. Remember, one of the rooms they were performing a Satanic ritual, and another room Reeve's parents come to the brothel to bone. I'm pretty sure that game would have sold 0 copies in The South if the parents had any idea that any of that was in the game.