Final Fantasy games are anti-religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Final Fantasy games are anti-religion?

Check out this video guys! Quite interesting.

"It would be very nice if there were a God who created the world and was a benevolent providence, and if there were a moral order in the universe and an after-life; but it is a very striking fact that all this is exactly as we are bound to wish it to be."
- Sigmund Freud
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes seventhmoon's post
29-01-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Final Fantasy games are anti-religion?
Lol did anyone who played final fantasy X not notice this aspect of it? It's one of the best things about the game.

If anything could have made me like Final Fantasy more, this is it.

The guys voice is annoying though.
29-01-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm a long time player of FF Tactics. I agree, the religious tone in the game is highly anti-religion and I LOVE IT.

Anytime I play a game that shows religion as the garbage it is, brings a smile to my face.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
29-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Xenogears is also another great game where you get to kill the creator of mankind (of the planet which the story takes place).

"It would be very nice if there were a God who created the world and was a benevolent providence, and if there were a moral order in the universe and an after-life; but it is a very striking fact that all this is exactly as we are bound to wish it to be."
- Sigmund Freud
30-01-2013, 05:48 PM
(29-01-2013 06:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm a long time player of FF Tactics. I agree, the religious tone in the game is highly anti-religion and I LOVE IT.

Anytime I play a game that shows religion as the garbage it is, brings a smile to my face.
I agree with that one, it was my favorite game as a kid and I noticed all that hypocrisy exposing on the church being right in there.. It's possibly something that helped me question the Bible when I had my conformation classes. That aspect of the story still makes it my favorite game. Heart

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
30-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I have been playing FF from a pretty young age... I have played them all. So, I really wanted to watch this video, but the guy's voice is soooo damn annoying I just can't. He makes me want to kill everything in sight.

[Image: opforum1.png]
30-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Everyone says they can't watch it because of the voice, well that didn't bother me, annoying and bizarre yes, but not that bad I felt... but then he said FFX was his favorite FF game.. and I had to shut off the video. I may return, but I just can't trust his opinion any longer even if I agree with it on the rest of the video.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
30-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I always enjoyed in scifi how it's often referred to as "human myth" or "ancient human mythology" lol - Someday it may end up being labeled that. Who knows.
30-01-2013, 11:09 PM
(30-01-2013 10:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I always enjoyed in scifi how it's often referred to as "human myth" or "ancient human mythology" lol - Someday it may end up being labeled that. Who knows.

[Image: 032-More-trouble-than-they-were-worth.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Lol! I think I've seen that on reddit before.