Final Views On WCF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Final Views On WCF
My final view on Worthy was mixed.

I didn't get off to a good start, being a non-believer I was instantly banned from most of the forum. I was only allowed in the Outer Court. Having said that I was warmly welcomed by many of the members.

The debates were most intriguing. I posted my views on the relevance of Jesus and and the vilification of Judas and they thanked me for asking such good questions and there was a very positive exchange of views. This surprised me, I thought they would be far more contentious opinions. What also surprised me were their views on homosexuality and morality. The debate on homosexuality started off reasonably well but soon descended into borderline farce. I was faced with arguments that didn't make sense but what followed was far worse. I was then presented with total bullshit as fact (and a healthy dose of delusional paranoia regarding homosexuals) as they claimed that sexuality is a choice and even went as far as to say that they could just change their sexuality at will. I respect all opinions but that isn't covered by opinion, they are wrong, plain and simple. The morality issue was also a strange one. It started in my 'Question Time' thread (my version of KC's 'Ask A Theist'). A member called Luftwaffle seemed determined to twist every word I said to make me appear to be a moral vacuum. He was skilled at misquoting me to make me appear inconsistent and this had me on the backfoot at first. I countered though and he ended up claiming that infanticide in God's name is justified whilst still trying to claim the moral high ground. I wrote him off as a lost cause at this point.

The banning has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I was banned, had my posts deleted and openly labelled a troll without being given the chance to defend myself. For the record I was completely honest and respectful in my time there, a mod even thanked me for being so understanding to their practices at one point. I emailed them saying I had a problem with my account and got one back within the hour. I replied explaining the situation and asking to be given a chance to communicate it to the mods. I have since had no reply and I'm not expecting one either, I seem to have been totally judged.

Overall the place is over moderated and some of the arguments are laughable. However the members are generally friendly provided you stick rigidly to the rules, they let themselves down with the restrictions placed on non-believers though.

I'd rate the place 3/10. It would have been higher but the way I was banned was plain ridiculous.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
27-03-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Final Views On WCF
First you say that the debates were intriguing, and then later say that they were laughable and infantile.

I would go on there simply to troll.

Angel

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
27-03-2012, 11:55 AM
(27-03-2012 11:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  First you say that the debates were intriguing, and then later say that they were laughable and infantile.

Angel
By intriguing I mean that I was intrigued that saying Jesus was unnecessary seemed totally benign whereas saying gays shouldn't be discriminated against was the height of controversy. I would think it should be the other way round, loving Jesus should be more important than hating gays. I did not get that feeling.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Places like that really make you appreciate this forum.

It just shows you how small minded some people are, being banned from a forum for basically asking people to do some thinking, is a joke!

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
27-03-2012, 12:08 PM
(27-03-2012 11:55 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 11:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  First you say that the debates were intriguing, and then later say that they were laughable and infantile.

Angel
By intriguing I mean that I was intrigued that saying Jesus was unnecessary seemed totally benign whereas saying gays shouldn't be discriminated against was the height of controversy. I would think it should be the other way round, loving Jesus should be more important than hating gays. I did not get that feeling.
What more would you expect from the Christian right? They have their priorities set. ;D

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-03-2012, 12:50 PM

I swung by there out of morbid curiosity and i have never seen the word "Banned" associated with so many different folks in my life. Moderator editing of posts and banning...quite Orwellian...which fits in nicely with the standard Christian fare....you know "Sit down, shut up and don't ask questions or say anything provoking". They are trying to pretend to be a place where they can think, but at the 1st sign of thought its locked down. Nothing real surprising.
Its a forum of Mutual Masturbation in the name of an Invisible Fairy.
If i were to have posted there i would have been banned early, called names and i would have become VERY UnDude like VERY quickly.
I Cherish my Dudeness, so this is as far as i will stray into Theological Forum Land. Christ, the Music Forums i belong to where its mainly a tech support forum is generally filled with screaming and ranting....this place is a calm oasis compared to most.
I love input from the outside. I actually enjoy going toe to toe with KC. Egor would be interesting too..if he were not such an ass. As someone else stated about Egor, its not his theology that we have a problem with...its EGOR the person. He'd be as much of a embarrassment as an Atheist as he is a Theist, me thinks.
I suppose i am hijacking this thread with TTA Forum ass kissing, but no where have i had such an information cross section of theologies to discuss. Jackrabbit with his Deeply Informative insight into Islam. The others here representing their version of the 33,000+ versions of Christianity. For all the versions of Christianity, many of us show the exact same scars of mental abuse.
So i suppose i am raising a toast to The Thinking Atheist forums and its kick ass moderators (who have even kept me in check when someone riles me out of my Dudeness).
Viva la TTA!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Denicio's post
27-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Well said, Dennis.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-03-2012, 12:58 PM
(27-03-2012 12:50 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Jackrabbit with his Deeply Informative insight into Islam.
Talking of Jack, where is that wascally wabbit? Haven't seen a post from him for ages. Damn. Hope he hasn't been nabbed by some religious asshole Sad
27-03-2012, 01:05 PM

(27-03-2012 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 12:50 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Jackrabbit with his Deeply Informative insight into Islam.
Talking of Jack, where is that wascally wabbit? Haven't seen a post from him for ages. Damn. Hope he hasn't been nabbed by some religious asshole Sad
Yeah, me too! I hope he's fine! His pals dont take too kindly to deconversion. They'll give you a nifty black hood, set up a video camera to video tape a 'precious moment' and start clucking like chickens..."aaaaaaahhhhh, bbbbrrraaaaa Allah Akbar, bacock bacock"
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
27-03-2012, 01:17 PM
(27-03-2012 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Talking of Jack, where is that wascally wabbit? Haven't seen a post from him for ages. Damn. Hope he hasn't been nabbed by some religious asshole Sad
Last thing I heard of him was that he had to study for some exams. That was about a month ago

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post