Final Views On WCF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 03:30 PM

RE: Final Views On WCF
On the other hand, I was banned instantly from Richard Dawkins Forum without warning or reason; apparently it was just for being a theist.
People who are afraid and don't feel they can defend their positions always ban dissenting opinions.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post
27-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I suppose another explanation could be, they think a Veridian is some crazy guy in a tinfoil hat who listens to aliens. Still, they could have gotten help for you rather than banning you.
Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 07:30 AM

(27-03-2012 04:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I suppose another explanation could be, they think a Veridian is some crazy guy in a tinfoil hat who listens to aliens. Still, they could have gotten help for you rather than banning you.
Tongue
Context, gentlemen, Context.

If Egor went in there passing condolences the way he does or started evangelizing, i can easily see how they'd shut him down. Just like they'd shut down everyone that tries to proselytize.
Do you think he actually went to the Dawkins Forum with a sincere quest for knowledge and thoughtful debate?
Or is it more likely that Mr Smackdown showed up and was insulting Dawkin's dead relatives with the prospect of hell and was handing out tracts to everyone that was on the forum?
Be careful with that ugre to "Give the Benefit of the Doubt". Remember who we are talking about here.
D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
28-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Egor if you were anything but an ass I may actually have some empathy for that one.

As it is you were probably banned for posting your Veridian crap there. I've seen more then one theist on those forums do just fine without even coming close to banning.
[+] 2 users Like Godless's post
28-03-2012, 07:51 AM
(27-03-2012 03:30 PM)Egor Wrote:  On the other hand, I was banned instantly from Richard Dawkins Forum without warning or reason; apparently it was just for being a theist.
People who are afraid and don't feel they can defend their positions always ban dissenting opinions.
Here. I think you dropped your cool points.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-03-2012, 08:07 AM
(27-03-2012 03:30 PM)Egor Wrote:  On the other hand, I was banned instantly from Richard Dawkins Forum without warning or reason; apparently it was just for being a theist.

I wouldn't be shocked if WCF banned you. I think you're lucky to have a username anywhere.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
28-03-2012, 10:47 AM
(28-03-2012 08:07 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I wouldn't be shocked if WCF banned you. I think you're lucky to have a username anywhere.
They did. According to his review of the place (my inspiration for joining), he lasted 24 hours.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-03-2012, 11:40 AM
(28-03-2012 10:47 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 08:07 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I wouldn't be shocked if WCF banned you. I think you're lucky to have a username anywhere.

They did. According to his review of the place (my inspiration for joining), he lasted 24 hours.

LOL go figure. The dirty atheists are the only ones somewhat tolerant of Egor.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
28-03-2012, 06:16 PM
(27-03-2012 12:50 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I swung by there out of morbid curiosity and i have never seen the word "Banned" associated with so many different folks in

They long for the days when "Banned" meant "Burnt".
Effectively the same mindset.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
28-03-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 06:33 PM by Starcrash.)
(27-03-2012 11:41 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Overall the place is over moderated and some of the arguments are laughable. However the members are generally friendly provided you stick rigidly to the rules, they let themselves down with the restrictions placed on non-believers though.
It is my personal opinion that most people don't know how to argue, and that's generally due to a lack of practice (as well as a lack of constructive criticism or education). So this is to be expected on any forum, especially one that does not take kindly to arguments.

I think it is also expected to find members to be generally friendly... especially if they feel that they are being watched or are under a microscope. But even without outsiders looking at them to be examples of their religion, it's true that most people try harder to make friends than to make enemies... I'm just the exception to the rule.

Speaking of exception to the rule, as much as I love forums such as RichardDawkins.net, I find that outsiders are moderated to nonexistence on some atheist forums. TheThinkingAtheist.com is different (and exceptional!), but RD's site doesn't take well to criticism of atheists or atheism. I seem to be the lone voice speaking out against my fellow atheists in the form of constructive criticism because I am an atheist. In fact, I tried doing the same thing under an "anonymous" handle (you can post without registering) and had my criticism moderated. So it's fair to say that this is a symptom of specific forums such as WCF and RD, not just of Christianity or Atheism.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user