Final Views On WCF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: Final Views On WCF
(28-03-2012 06:29 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  It is my personal opinion that most people don't know how to argue, and that's generally due to a lack of practice (as well as a lack of constructive criticism or education). So this is to be expected on any forum, especially one that does not take kindly to arguments.

I think it is also expected to find members to be generally friendly... especially if they feel that they are being watched or are under a microscope. But even without outsiders looking at them to be examples of their religion, it's true that most people try harder to make friends than to make enemies... I'm just the exception to the rule.

Speaking of exception to the rule, as much as I love forums such as RichardDawkins.net, I find that outsiders are moderated to nonexistence on some atheist forums. TheThinkingAtheist.com is different (and exceptional!), but RD's site doesn't take well to criticism of atheists or atheism. I seem to be the lone voice speaking out against my fellow atheists in the form of constructive criticism because I am an atheist. In fact, I tried doing the same thing under an "anonymous" handle (you can post without registering) and had my criticism moderated. So it's fair to say that this is a symptom of specific forums such as WCF, not just of Christianity.
Egor reviewed that place and he said a similar thing about them.

That link was just plain ridiculous. I'm totally behind your post over there. To question someone's ability as a doctor based on that is crazy. If he wasn't capable of practising he wouldn't have made it through medical school. It's as simple as that.

I'm glad that this was the first atheist forum I joined. I may have been put off them for life if I'd signed up to that one.

I agree this place is exceptional from what I've seen. It's up to all us members to ensure it stays that way though. That link should serve as a reminder of what we never want to become.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post