Finally.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Finally.
Hello and good evening TTA. It's been a hell of a long day, but I'm finally home.

The shoes are off, the slippers are on, the bourbon is poured. I think my brain leaked out of my earholes at some point this afternoon, but the wife and kidos are still at grandma's for a little while and the quiet is very, very good right now.

Let the weekend begin. How is everyone doing? Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like evenheathen's post
21-11-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: Finally.
Evening, EH. sounds like you've got the right idea.

Having an ok evening myself. Ordered a pizza, husband is out in the miserable cold helping a friend move, and I'm curled up on the couch catching up on The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Got Sin City 2 all queued up for when the husband gets home.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
21-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Not as good as you eh!

Enjoy it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I believe I've completely washed the days woes away! Shy With a little help from the Captain! Wink

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
21-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Met my daughter and some of her friend's for her birthday dinner tonight - I think the captain was hosting. After grabbing a bite to eat and saying hello to people I made my exit - I am too old for sport drinking. Undecided

The end to my exciting evening out was stopping by the grocery store - livin' large!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Well the family returned, ruining my quiet. But everyone was good....the little one being cute as ever, the oldest behaving, mom in good spirits and dad with some good spirits in his system. Yes

We rearranged the kids' bedroom on a whim and got them into bed without any trouble (that's becoming a rarity with the 4 year old these days).

But now Mrs Heathen has stolen the computer to watch basketball and I'm relegated to my phone for entertainment.

Wait....isn't that bass ackwards to how it's suppose to be? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
22-11-2014, 01:15 AM
(21-11-2014 07:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hello and good evening TTA. It's been a hell of a long day, but I'm finally home.

The shoes are off, the slippers are on, the bourbon is poured. I think my brain leaked out of my earholes at some point this afternoon, but the wife and kidos are still at grandma's for a little while and the quiet is very, very good right now.

Let the weekend begin. How is everyone doing? Drinking Beverage

Know those feels bro.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-11-2014, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 05:53 AM by DLJ.)
My Saturday morning began 16 hours ago when I had to get up to chat with a couple of idiots on Skype. The call was delayed by 5 hours but I couldn't get back to sleep.

I did a full day's training and am now in a Yemeni / Arabic restaurant about to start a lamb and rice dish that smells like heaven.

Two more days training here (sun/mon) and I'll be back home for the first time in - I've lost track - maybe 6 weeks.

Next day, Tuesday, 7am flight to Perth.

.... Business Class!!!

Fucking YES!

Big Grin

Edit: as I left, I tipped the waiter 5 Ringgit (1.5 US$) which was around 17% of the cost of the meal.

He looked so surprised and delighted that I must have shown my surprise at his surprise.

He explained that this was his first job and his first ever tip (he's doing a software engineering degree at the nearby university).

Today is a good day Smile

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Don't you hate that?
You throw them a compliment or a tip or whatever and in return they force you to sit through their life fucking story.
No consideration these days.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Man, i must have been more tired than I thought. Woke up still on the couch, unfinished whiskey still on the table. Good night's sleep, but my back is killing me. Dodgy

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post