Finally!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Finally!!
After a stillborn son followed by secondary unexplained infertility, I am finally pregnant!

And I'm scared out of my mind that my previous failures will rob me of allowing myself to just be happy?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Cathym112's post
30-11-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: Finally!!
(30-11-2014 06:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  After a stillborn son followed by secondary unexplained infertility, I am finally pregnant!

And I'm scared out of my mind that my previous failures will rob me of allowing myself to just be happy?

Yayyyy! Congrats! My ex wife and I had 7 late term miscarriages in a row, I know, why keep trying, then we had a period where we couldnt get pregnant, was doing all kinds of crazy stuff...then BAM! it happened Stay positive, keep your head up, and realize the vast majority of it is out of your hands....I hope all goes well, and your pregnancy is a wonderful, positive experience. You will be in my thoughts.

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
30-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Big Grin RE: Finally!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
30-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Congrats Cathy! Wishing you all the best.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
30-11-2014, 06:35 PM
(30-11-2014 06:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  After a stillborn son followed by secondary unexplained infertility, I am finally pregnant!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Best of luck.

I expect your emotions will see-saw, if not roller-coaster. Big GrinGaspSmileBlinkWeepingOhmyConfusedSmile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks guys. We lost our son at 8 months in utero 4 years ago. Followed by infertility for damn near 3 years. We had to resort to IVF. Thank you, Science.

Its still very early...but this is the first time I've gotten a positive pregnancy test since my son.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
30-11-2014, 06:51 PM
(30-11-2014 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Best of luck.

I expect your emotions will see-saw, if not roller-coaster. Big GrinGaspSmileBlinkWeepingOhmyConfusedSmile

I've been doing that for months because of all the fertility drugs. Talk about feeling crazy.

30-11-2014, 06:54 PM
(30-11-2014 06:51 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Best of luck.

I've been doing that for months because of all the fertility drugs. Talk about feeling crazy.

My ex and I rode the IVF roller coaster - it was interesting and stressful. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2014, 07:07 PM
(30-11-2014 06:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Congrats Cathy! Wishing you all the best.

Thanks, EH