Finally Finished My Review of "The Shack"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Finally Finished My Review of "The Shack"
Watching this review was quite interesting since I've read the book myself back when I was still a Christian. The fact that there's only sound on the left speaker irritates me, but other than that, well done!

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I find it interesting to find this book showing up here. It was hugely popular in my former evangelical circles, including my own family, as I was on my way out of the church. I never read it simply because for the most part, Christian literature sucks. Your review reflects problems I would have had with the book when I was still a theist.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-06-2012, 02:00 PM

(26-05-2012 10:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Watching this review was quite interesting since I've read the book myself back when I was still a Christian. The fact that there's only sound on the left speaker irritates me, but other than that, well done!

(27-05-2012 12:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I find it interesting to find this book showing up here. It was hugely popular in my former evangelical circles, including my own family, as I was on my way out of the church. I never read it simply because for the most part, Christian literature sucks. Your review reflects problems I would have had with the book when I was still a theist.

We are working hard on the sound problem. We think we'll have it fixed for my next review of "The Innocent" by David Baldacci.

Thanks for watching it. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
01-06-2012, 02:02 PM

(27-05-2012 12:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I find it interesting to find this book showing up here. It was hugely popular in my former evangelical circles, including my own family, as I was on my way out of the church. I never read it simply because for the most part, Christian literature sucks. Your review reflects problems I would have had with the book when I was still a theist.

Thanks for watching. I can tell you this, it has made me a completely areligious person. I still believe in God as the monistic fundamental consciousness, but I think it's safe to say I have no religion whatsoever now. That book made me want to completely dissociate myself from it.
[+] 3 users Like Egor's post
01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
01-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I've read a couple of Baldacci books so I look forward to your next review. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
03-06-2012, 12:43 AM

(01-06-2012 02:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Yeah, I changed things around a bit. Just click on my website in my sig and you'll see it. Sorry 'bout that. Weeping

(01-06-2012 05:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've read a couple of Baldacci books so I look forward to your next review. Thumbsup

All righty then. Smile