Finally. It's done.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: Finally. It's done.
(19-03-2014 03:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 12:33 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Check out this site.

lol already exhausted that site... and it's actually misleading as it doesn't have every single prehistoric animal listed.

Well damn, I tried. There's like no complete reference online, that was the only one I could find...

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Saw this and wondered if it made it into your book:

New feathered dino discovered

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
25-03-2014, 09:15 AM
(25-03-2014 09:05 AM)Eva Wrote:  Saw this and wondered if it made it into your book:

New feathered dino discovered

No, I do not have the Anzu. Thank you! I'll add it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Glad to help Yes

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
06-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Pardon the necro...

Why did the dinosaurs die out? Were they just too big to survive? Some were huge and I imagine had to eat a lot.

I get the whole Astroid thing, but it's like they all died instantly.

Is the simplest answer they all starved?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-05-2014, 05:32 PM
(06-05-2014 04:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Pardon the necro...

Why did the dinosaurs die out? Were they just too big to survive? Some were huge and I imagine had to eat a lot.

Good question, actually...

If I remember correctly most dinosaur species were wiped out relatively soon after the impact event, but not immediately. Impact and shock-waves would have done a good deal of damage, probably wiping out entire populations near the impact itself, but as far as I'm aware many species hung one and believed to have later succumbed to asteroid-caused environmental changes and water pollution.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(06-05-2014 05:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 04:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Pardon the necro...

Good question, actually...

If I remember correctly most dinosaur species were wiped out relatively soon after the impact event, but not immediately. Impact and shock-waves would have done a good deal of damage, probably wiping out entire populations near the impact itself, but as far as I'm aware many species hung one and believed to have later succumbed to asteroid-caused environmental changes and water pollution.

Thank you for answering this. I'm probably the only person in the world in tears over a dinosaur dying.

Yeah...it's kinda what I figured. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-05-2014, 07:21 PM
I listened to a radiolab recently that discussed the topic of the dinosaurs dying out. Iirc, the meteor so huge, flying through earths atmosphere heated and burned. Since it was so large, it didn't just break up like most do when entering our atmosphere, and the heat resonating from the large body and it's debris heated our atmosphere to unlivable temps. Hot enough to bake bread. The earth became a giant oven and cooked the dinosaurs pretty quickly. I think within a few hours. Any that lived were those who nested underground, or deep in the oceans. Apparently just being even a few inches below ground was enough to survive the heat.

Pretty sad way to go Sad

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
06-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Dang Smercury - I heard that podcast too. You beat me to the post!! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-05-2014, 07:26 PM
(06-05-2014 07:25 PM)kim Wrote:  Dang Smercury - I heard that podcast too. You beat me to the post!! Big Grin

Big Grin you still have an opportunity to correct whatever I mis-remembered. I'm sure there's something Laugh out load Hobo

Edit: and moms, I cried after listening to that podcast, you aren't alone Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post