Finally a good therapist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: Finally a good therapist
I am starting to feel the effects of the therapy and am actually quite impressed.
Either my previous therapists were completely and utterly useless and bad at their jobs or this guy is a genius or a bit of both.
But he is the first one who is poking holes in my wall. That is not something bad. That is actually good because that way we can work on the reasons I have problems.

I finally feel like I have a safe place where I can start opening up and get better. And he does understand the things I am saying. I am still a little bit dumb when it comes to emotions, so I feel that this is stuff we kinda have to start from scratch. So for example last time we spoke about the difference between anger and aggression and what it has to do with hate. That was useful.
There are also two things that I want to speak about next time. They are both a step deeper than I would usually enter a session but I think we can go there now. So I wanna try and see. I am kinda... putting my issues out to him in little bite sized portions to feel him out a bit. But I think that's fair enough?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
28-05-2017, 05:35 PM
(17-05-2017 03:10 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So last week during therapy, my therapist noticed that every time he asks me how I feel about something, I say "I don't know" so he told me not to say that phrase.
Just I really usually don't know. I have this neutral default mood. So yea, I don't know.

My homework for this week (until Friday) is to have a journal. Write in it things I think about or feel about etc. And it should be something deep in me not something I would tell my coworker of lunch.

Now I am scared to go to therapy because he will probably want to talk about this stuff with me. And well... I did my homework but I am a broken person and I really don't want to rip open some wounds.

... wouldn't it be so nice to just be normal? So much easier.

For what it's worth I don't think you're "not normal" you might not feel "normal" but then I'm pretty sure few if any of us feel "normal" I think you're cool. Always have. For whatever that's worth.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
28-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Thanks JesseB, that's actually very nice of you!
I'm in the cool kids club Cool

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
30-05-2017, 05:50 PM
I am back to no sleep at this point. My brain just won't shut the fuck up.
This weekend I'm visiting a friend and gonna get high. Depending on how that goes, I might buy weed once in a while, when I have sleeping issues. I think weed will damage me less than sleeping pills do. I read about heavy Indica strains like Afghani and Granddanny Purp that help with insomnia. I am not sure where to get that around here at a good quality but I know who to ask. So I'll see I guess.

- Wotsefack?! -
30-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Finally a good therapist
(30-05-2017 05:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am back to no sleep at this point. My brain just won't shut the fuck up.
This weekend I'm visiting a friend and gonna get high. Depending on how that goes, I might buy weed once in a while, when I have sleeping issues. I think weed will damage me less than sleeping pills do. I read about heavy Indica strains like Afghani and Granddanny Purp that help with insomnia. I am not sure where to get that around here at a good quality but I know who to ask. So I'll see I guess.

Weed is good for you in moderation. Take a toke for me.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
30-05-2017, 06:51 PM
(30-05-2017 05:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am back to no sleep at this point. My brain just won't shut the fuck up.

Idk a damn thing about weed other than everyone does it, and it's totally legal here in California. So feel free to come on over anytime. I know a few people that sell the stuff. (I know that makes me sound like I prolly do it but I don't, I'm paranoid of any substance that can interact with the functioning of my brain, even aspirin, sugar and caffine).

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
31-05-2017, 02:49 AM
I live in the Netherlands, so I have easy access to weed. Personally, I have stopped smoking weed, I never was a big smoker (I usually smoked during weekends), but weed had a bad effect on me and side effects that I prefer to avoid.

Yes, Indica will be better choice against insomnia than Sativa, Indica will make you stoned and sleepy will most Sativa will make you high and energic.

Smoking weed occasionally can be a good to get a good night of sleep, but using weed daily to help sleeping will reverse the effect and worsens the insomnia. People who smoke weed everyday can't find sleep without smoking. My wife was a daily smoker, after a few months, she couldn't sleep without smoking, and when she stopped smoking, she had big insomnia, it took her a few weeks to have her natural sleep get back to normal.

I have heard that people who want the medical effects of weed without the side effects use hemp oil. A few drops of hemp oil apparently relieves stress and helps sleeping and there are much less side effects.
[+] 1 user Likes Sturm's post
31-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Well JesseB, I think California is a bit too far for me. But thanks for the offer lol

I wasn't planning on regular use like daily actually. i read that it does affect the sleep rythm and quality of dreams. So I want to use it occasionally when it gets too bad. So when I would take a sleeping pill now.
the oil is a good idea, i will look into that.

- Wotsefack?! -
31-05-2017, 01:32 PM
(31-05-2017 06:13 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Well JesseB, I think California is a bit too far for me. But thanks for the offer lol

I wasn't planning on regular use like daily actually. i read that it does affect the sleep rythm and quality of dreams. So I want to use it occasionally when it gets too bad. So when I would take a sleeping pill now.
the oil is a good idea, i will look into that.

Hey I got no problem with anyone that smokes weed, in fact I think it's silly weed has been illegal and booze has been legal all this time. I'm just personally paranoid about potentially altering my brain. I am not quite sure I can explain it well, but I do have a reason.

Big Grin
31-05-2017, 05:36 PM
(31-05-2017 01:32 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Hey I got no problem with anyone that smokes weed, in fact I think it's silly weed has been illegal and booze has been legal all this time. I'm just personally paranoid about potentially altering my brain. I am not quite sure I can explain it well, but I do have a reason.
Oh yes, I get that. I was just explaining how I want to use it.

I am actually also kinda interested, in a scientific way, how it will act on my brain. Because my brain is constantly on overdrive. It never shuts up, and it registers literally everything and does not filter by importance like normal brains do.
So I am interested what will happen. (And hopefully get nice and stoned as well, could do with that)

- Wotsefack?! -