Finally, .... an HIV vaccine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: Finally, .... an HIV vaccine.
(24-05-2017 12:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I heard today there was a presentation yesterday at an HIV meeting, that there finally is a vaccine. If it really works, this is amazing.
http://www.reuters.com/article/brief-ino...SFWN1IQ0G2

I wonder how long this was delayed by GOP obstruction over decades. I wonder how many people died because of their "fuck you I got mine" bullshit. I also wonder if this does work out how they will be allowed to create an Epi Pen on steroids price for it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2017, 01:32 PM
(24-05-2017 01:23 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 12:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I heard today there was a presentation yesterday at an HIV meeting, that there finally is a vaccine. If it really works, this is amazing.
http://www.reuters.com/article/brief-ino...SFWN1IQ0G2

I wonder how long this was delayed by GOP obstruction over decades. I wonder how many people died because of their "fuck you I got mine" bullshit. I also wonder if this does work out how they will be allowed to create an Epi Pen on steroids price for it.

I thought of that.
When the vaccine for Hepatitis C (which does cure people of it) came out a few years ago, the price was astronomical. I think it's come down a lot, but it's still really high.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
24-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Here's the press release from Inovio themselves, FWIW:
http://ir.inovio.com/news/news-releases/...fault.aspx
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
24-05-2017, 02:11 PM
(24-05-2017 01:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 01:23 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I wonder how long this was delayed by GOP obstruction over decades. I wonder how many people died because of their "fuck you I got mine" bullshit. I also wonder if this does work out how they will be allowed to create an Epi Pen on steroids price for it.

I thought of that.
When the vaccine for Hepatitis C (which does cure people of it) came out a few years ago, the price was astronomical. I think it's come down a lot, but it's still really high.

You will never rid the planet of the private sector, both friend and foe invest in the global market. I am also not against the private sector, but at this point in history, far too much of friend and foe alike chase a buck and put profit over planet.

Again, it is sick that 62 families globally have the combined wealth of 3 billion.

These idiots do not have to care about the rest of us, but even with their own families that they will pass the wealth down to, who is going to buy their wears if the economic gap keeps exploding. What kind of planet will our species have if we ignore long term damage for short term gain?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Between this and prep, the gay agenda is advancing nicely to take over churches and turn all the christians gay.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
24-05-2017, 02:27 PM
(24-05-2017 12:52 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 12:50 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This is going to piss God off really bad. How dare they undermine his work.

Really! How can AIDS be his punishment of fags if puny pitiful human beings can stop them from contracting it?

ConsiderGasp

The vaccine must have Iron Chariot Extract in it.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
24-05-2017, 02:41 PM
(24-05-2017 02:17 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Between this and prep, the gay agenda is advancing nicely to take over churches and turn all the christians gay.

Yes, it is their ultimate goal. It isn't about living life, it is about flipping and orgies and child molestation.

Gays want everyone to be that damsel tied on the train tracks and they all have handle bar mustaches. IT'S TRUE I SAW IT ON FOX NEWS! Or Brietbart or Info Wars, you know, those credible news sources.

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
24-05-2017, 02:47 PM
This is huge. PrEP and a vaccine, just a couple of years apart. It has been pretty much needless for people to die of this for a couple of decades now (since the mid-90s), and has mainly been a matter of reaching those who need the meds and convincing them to take them properly. But now with people no longer afraid of catching it, due to the vaccine, it may reduce the stigma and allow people who do have it to "come out of the closet" and get the care they need to live healthy lives until a total cure can arrive. But it appears this may *be* a cure:

According to Emma's link:

Inovio completed initial clinical studies of its HIV immunotherapy PENNVAX-B, targeting clade B viruses, to achieve proof of principle in generating potent immune responses using its SynCon immunotherapy technology. In two published phase 1 studies, PENNVAX-B immunization via IM injection generated high levels of activated and antigen-specific CD8+ killer T cells. This ability uniquely positions PENNVAX as an important product candidate for both preventing and treating HIV infections.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
24-05-2017, 02:59 PM
(24-05-2017 02:11 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 01:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I thought of that.

You will never rid the planet of the private sector, both friend and foe invest in the global market. I am also not against the private sector, but at this point in history, far too much of friend and foe alike chase a buck and put profit over planet.

Again, it is sick that 62 families globally have the combined wealth of 3 billion.

These idiots do not have to care about the rest of us, but even with their own families that they will pass the wealth down to, who is going to buy their wears if the economic gap keeps exploding. What kind of planet will our species have if we ignore long term damage for short term gain?

It'd be especially sick if they charge a lot for this because we funded the research with taxpayer dollars:

Development of Inovio’s PENNVAX-GP immunotherapy, which widely targets multiple major clades of HIV — providing global coverage — has been funded through a $25 million NIAID contract previously awarded in 2009 to Inovio and its collaborators. In addition, Inovio and its collaborators were awarded an additional five-year $16 million Integrated Preclinical/Clinical AIDS Vaccine Development (IPCAVD) grant in 2015 from NIAID.

http://ir.inovio.com/news/news-releases/...fault.aspx

Next time you hear someone railing on about the evils of "Big Gub'mint" and saying that it's theft to take your tax dollars to help other people, remember that the USA may have just funded the cure for HIV and (dare I say it?) saved the world.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-05-2017, 03:12 PM
(24-05-2017 02:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  This is huge. PrEP and a vaccine, just a couple of years apart. It has been pretty much needless for people to die of this for a couple of decades now (since the mid-90s), and has mainly been a matter of reaching those who need the meds and convincing them to take them properly. But now with people no longer afraid of catching it, due to the vaccine, it may reduce the stigma and allow people who do have it to "come out of the closet" and get the care they need to live healthy lives until a total cure can arrive. But it appears this may *be* a cure:

According to Emma's link:

Inovio completed initial clinical studies of its HIV immunotherapy PENNVAX-B, targeting clade B viruses, to achieve proof of principle in generating potent immune responses using its SynCon immunotherapy technology. In two published phase 1 studies, PENNVAX-B immunization via IM injection generated high levels of activated and antigen-specific CD8+ killer T cells. This ability uniquely positions PENNVAX as an important product candidate for both preventing and treating HIV infections.

Now we can butt fuck with no worries. BTW, you look mighty cute in them jeans. What you doing this weekend?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post