Finally, .... an HIV vaccine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: Finally, .... an HIV vaccine.
(28-05-2017 07:49 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 12:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I heard today there was a presentation yesterday at an HIV meeting, that there finally is a vaccine. If it really works, this is amazing.
http://www.reuters.com/article/brief-ino...SFWN1IQ0G2

Interesting. But it's not totally clear what an 'immune response' means. Does this mean the test subjects developed HIV antibodies? Were the test subjects HIV positive and then showed no traces of the virus after given the serum?

They haven't figured that out yet, as I understand it. They did develop HIV antibodoies, abut most patients on meds have no detectable circulating virus.
So after they get the vaccine, they have to go off their meds, and get tested periodically, (months to years), to see if it was actually wiped out. They don't know that yet.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: Finally, .... an HIV vaccine.
This is an amazing breakthrough, creating vaccines for retroviruses is incredibly difficult, which is why its taken so long I guess. It comes just in time as the new Cuban strain of HIV CF19 results in full blown AIDS within two or three years as opposed to the usual eight to ten years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply