Finally building a new gaming rig!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 06:51 AM
RE: Finally building a new gaming rig!
So I finally got the e-mail I've been waiting for.

EVGA
-We are happy to announce that your Step-Up request has completed the queue process and is ready for final processing.

About fucking time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
(08-12-2014 06:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So I finally got the e-mail I've been waiting for.

EVGA
-We are happy to announce that your Step-Up request has completed the queue process and is ready for final processing.

About fucking time.

Cool.

How long were you waiting for that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I want to know what EVGA do with the old products sent back to them.
11-12-2014, 07:09 AM
Having a system with heavy configuration is good for playing games. I also have a similar configured system which is only used for video games.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Well, looks like they've finally okay'd everything and shipped out my Step-Up GTX970, and it will be delivered by end-of-day this upcoming Tuesday. So once I have that, I'll pull out my rig and give it a good dusting, finally install the backplate they already shipped me for my first GTX970, and install the second one in SLI. I already had the extra power cables from my PSU installed and ready to go, so that's one less thing I have to worry about doing at least.

26-12-2014, 10:38 PM
(26-12-2014 09:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, looks like they've finally okay'd everything and shipped out my Step-Up GTX970, and it will be delivered by end-of-day this upcoming Tuesday. So once I have that, I'll pull out my rig and give it a good dusting, finally install the backplate they already shipped me for my first GTX970, and install the second one in SLI. I already had the extra power cables from my PSU installed and ready to go, so that's one less thing I have to worry about doing at least.

Cool, another step to the finish line then?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-12-2014, 01:56 AM
(26-12-2014 10:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 09:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, looks like they've finally okay'd everything and shipped out my Step-Up GTX970, and it will be delivered by end-of-day this upcoming Tuesday. So once I have that, I'll pull out my rig and give it a good dusting, finally install the backplate they already shipped me for my first GTX970, and install the second one in SLI. I already had the extra power cables from my PSU installed and ready to go, so that's one less thing I have to worry about doing at least.

Cool, another step to the finish line then?

Yeah, or until some piece on it shits-the-bed. I don't see myself getting a monitor larger than 1080p anytime soon, and the one I have is only a year old (my last one was the original monitor from my old 2008 build, so it lasted 5 years). My sister will be graduating next year, so I was thinking about building her a PC. By then Z97 chipset boards will be cheaper and no longer the newest chipset, and the Broadwells will be out. I might buy myself a new Broadwell i7 and put my Haswell-E i5 into a machine for her. Just a thought, might not even happen, but it's an idea; especially if my brother and I both get in on it and make it a joint project.

But yeah, I currently have the fastest i5 available, on the latest Intel chipset, and will be running in SLI the best bang-for-your-buck GPU's, which should make my 1080p gaming a solid and enjoyable experience for quite a while. I can't see any reason why this setup won't run Fallout 4 and Killingfloor 2 smooth as butter, especially given the current bar being set by the consoles. My machine currently runs the original Killingfloor and PAYDAY 2, some of the biggest time-sinks that I have, at 120FPS without breaking a sweat. It ran Crysis 3 on High settings at a very respectable 80+ FPS on average, and SLI should allow me to push that graphical benchmark to Very High without dipping below 60 FPS.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention how much I can't wait for Fallout 4 and Killingfloor 2? We need that shit playable, like yesterday!

27-12-2014, 03:50 AM
(27-12-2014 01:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 10:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cool, another step to the finish line then?

Yeah, or until some piece on it shits-the-bed. I don't see myself getting a monitor larger than 1080p anytime soon, and the one I have is only a year old (my last one was the original monitor from my old 2008 build, so it lasted 5 years). My sister will be graduating next year, so I was thinking about building her a PC. By then Z97 chipset boards will be cheaper and no longer the newest chipset, and the Broadwells will be out. I might buy myself a new Broadwell i7 and put my Haswell-E i5 into a machine for her. Just a thought, might not even happen, but it's an idea; especially if my brother and I both get in on it and make it a joint project.

But yeah, I currently have the fastest i5 available, on the latest Intel chipset, and will be running in SLI the best bang-for-your-buck GPU's, which should make my 1080p gaming a solid and enjoyable experience for quite a while. I can't see any reason why this setup won't run Fallout 4 and Killingfloor 2 smooth as butter, especially given the current bar being set by the consoles. My machine currently runs the original Killingfloor and PAYDAY 2, some of the biggest time-sinks that I have, at 120FPS without breaking a sweat. It ran Crysis 3 on High settings at a very respectable 80+ FPS on average, and SLI should allow me to push that graphical benchmark to Very High without dipping below 60 FPS.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention how much I can't wait for Fallout 4 and Killingfloor 2? We need that shit playable, like yesterday!

Be thankful for what you've got, I figure.

For the time being, I'm still stuck with my glorified calculator.

Soon though... Buying a PC piecemeal is rather frustrating...

27-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Still waiting to finish my build with a nice graphics card. I've decided to go for a single Nvidia even though I have a 750 watt power supply. I do have other demands on my money though. I need to start preparing for my driving test again. I had to put it on hold while living in Germany. I want to start paragliding again and I need to save enough money so I can move back to Germany after 18 months.
27-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm trying to justify an upgrade to a Samsung 4K display.
And the video card upgrade required to feed it.
And the power supply upgrade to feed that.
It would only be about $1100 all up. That's not a lot of money, right?
It is a lot of money Sad

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.