Finally building a new gaming rig!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2015, 03:32 AM
RE: Finally building a new gaming rig!
(24-01-2015 09:42 AM)Vosur Wrote:  My condolences if this turns out to be true, EK. Sad

http://goo.gl/CaZTf4

I doesn't seem to be a problem right now unless you're using synthetic benchmarks and purposely trying to push games to unplayable settings (and not at 1080p, but rather 1800p no less).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=700

A little disappointed to be sure, but my setup still destroys PAYDAY 2 and I see no reason why it won't run Killingfloor 2 or Fallout 4 like a dream, seeing as those are my next two major time-sinks on the horizon.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 06:15 AM
[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

Ladies and gentlemen, for your approval, the culmination of my first foray into the world of computers:

[Image: 2015_02_23_22_03_48.jpg]

For a first-time I think I did pretty well.

Inside the Corsair 200R case lays an ASUS Z97-pro (wifi ac), upon which sits an Intel Pentium G3258, covered by a Cooler Master Hyper 212x cooler, backed by 8gb of ram provided by a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws. The storage is supplied by a WD Blue, with power supplied by a Corsair CS550M unit.

Unfortunately, I don't have a GPU yet, but on the 3rd, I'll be ordering an ASUS Radeon R9 270X to fill that roll.

Of course, most of the credit for this thing goes to EK who supplied the motivation and helped begin the process, along with his help picking some of the parts.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
25-02-2015, 02:50 PM
(23-02-2015 06:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

Ladies and gentlemen, for your approval, the culmination of my first foray into the world of computers:

Inside the Corsair 200R case lays an ASUS Z97-pro (wifi ac), upon which sits an Intel Pentium G3258, covered by a Cooler Master Hyper 212x cooler, backed by 8gb of ram provided by a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws. The storage is supplied by a WD Blue, with power supplied by a Corsair CS550M unit.

Unfortunately, I don't have a GPU yet, but on the 3rd, I'll be ordering an ASUS Radeon R9 270X to fill that roll.

Of course, most of the credit for this thing goes to EK who supplied the motivation and helped begin the process, along with his help picking some of the parts.

I told you the 200R was a sexy case! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2015, 04:30 PM
(25-02-2015 02:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 06:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

I told you the 200R was a sexy case! Thumbsup

I wouldn't say that it's 'sexy', but it sure does have a purdy bezel.

Seriously though, while I don't have a real reference point, it is a very nice looking and efficient case.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-03-2015, 05:27 AM
And now we have the technology to run games on that sweet 4K monitor I posted earlier in this thread at 60fps and upwards. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-03-2015, 07:38 AM
(19-03-2015 05:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  And now we have the technology to run games on that sweet 4K monitor I posted earlier in this thread at 60fps and upwards. Big Grin

[Image: 897615.png]

23-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Just one more week and I'll install the new 980. Exicted to get my hands on one of the 80 series.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."