Finally found a content period in my life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Thumbs Up Finally found a content period in my life
Over the past six months, I've lost my closest friends, friends I thought I would never lose. I didn't realize it, but the people I cared about the worst were the ones twisting the dagger in my back. In the process of losing and letting go, I was able to realize who my actual friends were, and I also found friendships in places and people I didn't expect.

Over the past six months, I've hardly left my house, and hardly socialized with anyone irl. I wallowed in the pathetic outcome of what my life had turned out to be. I was depressed for a bit, and I felt like the world was against me, but I guess everyone feels that way every once and a while as their life progresses.

My best friends were terrible people I was too attached to. Too attached to let go. But once the line had been crossed, and our mistakes and decisions were set in stone, I found it in myself to walk away. These people drove me a bit insane, and in the end, I laughed and walked away from it all.

I wish I could have done that earlier, but I guess every ounce of pain we experience eventually benefits us somehow. I let go of all of the people I had held onto for so long. But when a person is dragging you down into a hole, why hold onto them?

Recently, I've found a position in my life where I'm finally happy again. I have new friends that actually bring me great memories- memories that replace the nice memories I had been dwelling on. I've found a group of individuals that bring me great joy. They allow me to be myself, and they love me. The provide me with spectacular moments, and happiness that encourages me to leave my house more. I've found passions, laughter, busy weekends with friends, abandoned places to explore, and overall, I've found an adventure that makes up for how shitty my year started.

I graduate in three months, and I'm no longer as afraid to move on from my past. I want to continue making memories and making myself happy.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ferdinand's post
09-03-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Finally found a content period in my life
I am happy to hear that Ferdi...and always remember that you are loved around here. (for what it's worth)

Heart Hug

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Finally found a content period in my life
(09-03-2014 05:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am happy to hear that Ferdi...and always remember that you are loved around here. (for what it's worth)

Heart Hug

Hug Heart