Finally joined! (And some questions)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Finally joined! (And some questions)
Hi everyone! I'm excited to be here! I've been listening to the thinking atheist for a while (between 1-2 years) I haven't bothered to join up on the forums up until now, but I'm glad now that I did and I look forward to being a part of the community. I go by Jack, the username is the one I use for several other online areas of my life. I grew up apart from religion, but not isolated from it. I live in Utah (so plenty of mormons), the town I live in is very different from the rest of the state, a metaphorical island in a sea. I don't hate religion, nor do I like to say I'm superior to all who are religious. I love science, history, ethics, and I love debate. I can't wait to meet all of you and learn about your unique experiences and stories and share my own!

I have a question though,

When should I call in if I want to talk on the show? It's something I've always wanted to do, but never really knew how. I have the phone number, but I don't know any of the other details of it and how it works. I live in mountain time, so I do not know when I would need to call in to make the show.

Anyway, thank you in advance to those of you who answer my question, and to say I'm happy to meet all of you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 11:10 PM by DLJ.)
RE: Finally joined! (And some questions)
Welcome Jack.
Good to have you here.

Sorry I can't answer the phone-in question. It's on around 7am (I think) where I am, when I'm stirring from my pit and getting ready for work.

I'll listen out for you though

13-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Hey and welcome!

Just to let you know, Seth and his show have very little to do with the forum. Seth himself has made under 20 posts, and he left the forum in the capable hands of our admins and forum team. Although the forum was created because of Seth, it has grown into a completely separate entity.

Don't let this discourage you, though! This is an awesome community with fabulous discussions.

If you wish to contact Seth with any questions about him or the show, click here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
14-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Any chance I might know you as Shadow Jack? Or maybe is there a chance you might remember a time, about 25 years ago, when you invented this word: Pseudooleosalomangulation?

Yeah, I know, what are the odds, but maybe we know each other and maybe we can get together and reminisce about our wasted youth at the Villa Theater.

Or maybe not.

Either way, I'm overjoyed to welcome a fellow Utahn to the TTA forums.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
14-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Welcome, Jack. We're glad you finally joined us. Where have you been?
In answer to the podcasts, if you go to The Thinking Atheist Home page, you'll find the link to his podcast page:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/podcasts
There you'll find:

Quote:The Thinking Atheist Radio Podcast airs Tuesdays weekly at
6pm US/Central time. For a full schedule of upcoming shows, visit our BlogTalkRadio
Page
. If you're unsure when the live show airs in your own time
zone, use this Time
Zone Converter

Enjoy!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My