Finally moved

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2017, 03:11 AM
Thumbs Up Finally moved
I started writing this at night on the moving day and finished the next morning.

--- started writing in the evening here ---

Today was the day.

My feet hurt, my toe is broken, my back hurts.
We have spent over an hour building our bed.
It is now almost 11pm and we can finally shower and go to bed.

My old place:
tiny tiny. I linked my video where I built it in the sims4 somewhere but I cannot be arsed to find it right now. But it is somewhere and if you want, have a look. But I mean absolutely tiny place for a couple.
It was also very mouldy. Ok, we are in Ireland. But this building had the mould so deep in the walls that you could treat for mould as much as you wanted, it would come back in no time.
It was also very cold. There was a central heating that was turned on and off at specific times during winter. Other than that we had some very electricity hungry heaters on the wall that we never used because it's expensive. We also had those fan type heaters that we'd use when it would get so cold that it is unbearable.
So in this cold and mouldy place my asthma got really really bad.
Also there were windows in the place but also a wall so there wouldn't ever be much light in the place.
The floor boards... The furniture. Everything was old and half broken.

--- started writing in the morning here ---

My new place:
Warm, big windows and lots of light, dry, no mold, space, well kept. So basically we have a bedroom sized bedroom now. Meaning a bed fits in, bedside tables, and room to walk around the bed aaand the bed is not squished in a corner so we both have a side to get into the bed. Then we have a small bedroom but it will be used as office and music room. Then we have a big living room and a proper dining table in it. Then we have a small but proper kitchen (clean gas oven, washing machine, dishwasher, space to do your cooking, fridge and freezer. We also have 2 bathrooms, a walk in closet, and a balcony.
I call it our grown up place because it has a fireplace with a huge mirror and the flat even came with a distasteful piece of decoration/art - a black stone hippo. I will attach a photo of that.

Yesterday I told my husband that this is a grown up place and I am not ready to adult yet He said, I don't have to adult and he will be finally building his chainmail. And to be truthful, I am making a gaming corner for RPGs and board games etc > on the floor, next to the window.

So yesterday evening we went back to the old place to clean up a bit. The landlord there said we don't have to because he will rip out all the floors anyway, but quite honestly it was so disgustingly dirty at that point, we just did a quick wipe anyway.

The landlord came some time during the day while I was moving and asked if I needed help (he is not just a landlord, he is also a friend) and mentioned that we still get our deposit back. I told him that we didn't pay deposit and that I actually owed him a week of rent and he looked at me very surprised. I am not sure if he was surprised because I was being truthful and honest or because he couldn't believe that I paid no deposit.
But when we moved in he said this exact sentence: "So, how much deposit do you want to pay? Ah, you don't pay deposit." And this is what I quoted back to him. A big later he asked if I was sure about that. I told him yes and that he should be happy because he is making profit Big Grin And I gave him the weeks worth of rent and he gave me a 50 of that back.

Alright, so now I get to go to ikea and buy things for our nice middle class apartment.

PS: It is so nice to see how far we have come. We both started out dirt poor and now we finally get to place in life where we can enjoy something.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Leerob's post
08-05-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Finally moved
Oh yes and the hippo I forgot.
Here it is.
[Image: 291kcw3.jpg]

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
08-05-2017, 05:00 AM
(08-05-2017 03:20 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Oh yes and the hippo I forgot.
Here it is.
[Image: 291kcw3.jpg]

Awww, I think he's kinda cute Tongue

Congrats on your new place!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
08-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Congrats! Your place sounds nice!
08-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Hip-hippo-ray! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
08-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Clap

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Ok just coming from IKEA. Buying everything that was missing. Now things are good. Got some building to do and unpack but I think I am ready to slow down now.

(08-05-2017 07:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hip-hippo-ray! Thumbsup
lol

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
08-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Nice! That other/old place sounds like hell.
08-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Mods please move this thread

Don't Believe the Hype
[+] 1 user Likes Walluin's post
08-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Congrats! It looks wonderful!