Finally my God of War III is working!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Finally my God of War III is working!!
So I've never updated my PS3 before. I was chilling on version 4.46 slim. This was after my fat 40 gig PS3 got jacked. I suspect the thief is someone I know but that's a story for another day.

So I updated to the latest software (4.60) and as suspected I noticed no changes. The machine seems to still have issues reading some discs especially the dual layered ones. One of the supposed perks for the upgrade is greater system stability. What the hell does that mean?

Anyway, some of you may know that God of War III and Ascension are plagued with freezing and looping of audio. Sometimes elements of the game like weapons disappear. Kratos does the correct animation but there is no effect on the enemy. I'd gone to the menu to look at the bow of Apollo and when I resumed the game it disappeared. Saving was a nightmare because the game randomly would not initiate the save. Or the save would be successful but loading it at another stage would be impossible.

It seems as though the system update may have had a positive effect because these issues have been greatly reduced. I actually was able to play past meeting up with Athena in Hades. I've had this game for so long and finally it's playable.

However, my system is still having issues recognising a disc when I boot it up with the disc already inside. I almost always have to take it out and reinsert. I'm not sure that GOW working is due to the update or me getting to a part of the disc that's got no problems. The disc is clean and scratch free.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 01:21 AM
RE: Finally my God of War III is working!!
Thats good to hear. It is an awesome game to play and enjoy. God of War III is also available in free installation. You can install it from softanic, kotaku for free and it is so easy too.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2014, 06:05 AM
RE: Finally my God of War III is working!!
Sounds good that your game is working again. I personally love this game a lot.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user