Finally over my fear of hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 08:53 AM
RE: Finally over my fear of hell
I think the guy who wrote about the zombies in Matthew was also trippin' on shrooms Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
01-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Great Diddlyboop!!!Thumbsup
01-09-2017, 06:12 AM
It's not hell you need to worry about.

It's heaven.

Can you imagine eternity, being stuck with all the insufferable assholes who are likely to be there?

It'd be more hellish than hell.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-09-2017, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 07:03 AM by BikerDude.)
Well look at it this way.
If hell is real you'll have a lot of company from here.
And it's never made sense to me that Satan would punish sinners.
I'm assuming we'd be his homies.
Propaganda pure and simple.
Hell is the after life's Las Vegas.
Not that I actually believe in the afterlife.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
01-09-2017, 06:51 AM
(09-12-2016 07:35 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  I finally no longer am worried about going to hell when I die. It took realizing that Jesus literally only ever spoke of Gehenna and that Revelations is nothing to stress over that I finally felt the biggest wave of relief ever.

Jesus was talking about a freaking dump, and only ever that (I don't think he even mentioned Hades if I recall correctly. Just Gehenna. It was only the even-more-bunk-than-the-gospels Revelations that said Hades, and that's just - welp, the underworld...)

So even if I am wrong about this whole Gawd thing (pretty sure I'm not), there will be nothing but nothing waiting for me either way.

Even my dad (who is still Christian) has died 3 times before and claims there was nothin' at all any of those times. Perhaps this doesn't disprove the "slumber and then judgment" theory, but as far as I know that's another Revelation idea and that book has as much integrity to me now as the shake weight commercials. (besides, didn't Jebus saying "today you'll join me in Paradise" to that other crucified dude suggest an immediate afterlife?)

So, tl;dr: I'm finally over the biggest hurdle. I've chucked hell outta my mind and I am so damn relieved... Heart

The concepts of punishment/reward in the afterlife are not a patent owned by or invented by the monotheism of Christian/Islam/Jewish. Polytheism worldwide even in Asia and Mayan and Australia and Japan, all have their spirit worlds and ideas of what happens to those who do bad or those whom do good. Even Buddhists and Hindus depending on individual or sect, have a watered down version of reward punishment in the idea of reincarnation.

Hell is simply one version of punishment, polytheism long prior has had different motifs of deities of the heavens and rulers of the underworld.

The good news is that you will not get punished or suffer in a non existent after life of any kind. Theists stupidly see that as an excuse to have no rules or be cruel. No, the ride being finite does not mean you can rape and murder now. Our species evolutionary empathy is why we avoid harming others.

Glad you lost your fear. But again, the religions of Abraham did not invent motifs of comic book reward punishment. Those motifs existed in prior polytheism.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Quite simply there is no such thing as god, satan, heaven or hell.

They are all just more examples of made up religious gobbledygook.

The concept af hell and satan was just another religious control scare tactic to keep believers in line by threatening to bring down terrible events on people if they didn't do what was demanded from them.

They are basically trying to play psychological games with peoples minds. Once you beat them by showing that these mind games won't work with you any more then they have lost control of your mind and they can't hurt you any more. Short of threatening to kill you, of course!
[+] 2 users Like MarylinC's post