Finally over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: Finally over
Sad that you've lost a much loved grandpa, even if your loss was some time ago and the physical loss was recent. I agree with what you've said. My mum is in her mid eighties and I can see that she's becoming much less mentally acute. It's the early stages of dementia and there is no doubt that its going to get worse. There are no easy answers and I'm not looking forward to what might happen to her in the coming years if she continues to be physically healthy.

In our modern western societies with wonderful medical care and good standards of living we appear to have reached the stage of having an increasingly old "healthy" population but one where brain diseases of one kind or another are imposing limits on our well-being and on the available support within society.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
09-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hug
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-01-2017, 12:10 PM
You have my condolences, those great memories you spoke about will live on, something to be greatful for and hang on to.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-01-2017, 12:17 PM
I had a similar experience with my dad's dementia.
So sorry for your loss.
Hug
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-01-2017, 12:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-01-2017, 01:07 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

After my father died in a local hospice, I spent over a year there doing some volunteer work there and saw similar situations to what you describe first-hand; once vibrant men and women suffering needlessly.

I have no answers to give, just know that you are not alone in your grief.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
09-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Hugs...I am sorry for the loss but also understand the 'relief' It's hard when you lost a family member's mind before you lose them

I hope you are able to find some comfort.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-01-2017, 06:47 PM
So sorry mate. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Too many good people end that way. All we can do is remember them for who they were.

Hug for you and all your family.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
10-01-2017, 12:40 AM
Sorry for your loss. Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.