Finally saying hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Finally saying hello
Welcome!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Welcome, and thanks for sharing Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum family. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

I too am married to a "Christian" husband. The marriage took a jolt when I finally admitted (after more than 30 years together) that I no longer "believed" and hadn't for a long time. We survived it but it was a bumpy road for a while. Now more and more he has started to question his own belief system...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
22-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
22-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Glad ya did, Marcy. Shy Hello, back.

Welcome to TTA. Big Grin

22-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Hi, Marcy! Welcome to the forums. Smile
23-11-2017, 09:20 PM
(22-11-2017 04:10 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I too am married to a "Christian" husband. The marriage took a jolt when I finally admitted (after more than 30 years together) that I no longer "believed" and hadn't for a long time. We survived it but it was a bumpy road for a while. Now more and more he has started to question his own belief system...

We too have survived the jolt, and others as well, but he insists on raising our 8-yr-old son Catholic. I am allowing it because it's the promise I made when we got married. Though I sometimes find that difficult, I'm teaching our son to be a skeptic, and I *think* he will escape the worst of what indoctrination has to offer.

I don't think hubby will let go of his religion easily. He is as steadfast as they come, and it's part of how he connects with the memory of his mother. I dare not interfere with that. But yeah, if he had questions or doubts and wanted to come to me, I would certainly be open to talking.

How long between your coming out and your husband voicing doubts?
[+] 1 user Likes CallMeMarcy's post
24-11-2017, 12:03 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

PS: It might be a good idea for you to start a new thread about the confronting issues within an atheist/theist relationship, and the upbringing of kids in that scenario—you'll invariably get more responses. This is meant to be an "introductions" thread rather than a discussion thread. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
24-11-2017, 05:21 AM
Grab a beer, pull up a seat,and stick around for dinner...

We' ve got babies on the BBQ....( traditional athiest feast,)...

I call dibs on a leg!!

Drooling

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-11-2017, 07:17 PM
Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."