Finally took "the plunge".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Finally took "the plunge".
I've been struggling with what I believe for a long time now. I've been talking to people (Christians AND Atheists) and reading and watching The Atheist Experience shows. I've finally found the strength and got over my fear (Pasqual's wager bs)...

I AM AN ATHEIST. I was raised Catholic. I've come a long way. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FrankenStang's post
03-08-2011, 06:53 PM
RE: Finally took "the plunge".
I hope you can swim because this is the deep end dude.
Congrats on your refreshing change of view. Also good to have you hanging around the forum. Hope to see more posts by you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2011, 09:01 PM

I'm a good swimmer aaaaand I'm a chick. Cool
03-08-2011, 09:26 PM
watch the video on my signature if you still think about Pascal's wager every once in a while (so you can crush your fear of it)

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2011, 09:38 PM

(03-08-2011 09:26 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  watch the video on my signature if you still think about Pascal's wager every once in a while (so you can crush your fear of it)

Awesome video. Very well said. Thank you very much.Smile
03-08-2011, 11:25 PM
A swimmer AND a chick?

[Image: wood-duck-chicks-lg2.jpg]

Welcome to the forums. Have a pleasant and insightful stay.

btw: Pascal's wager = [Image: bs.gif]
Pascal thought it up being subjected to only one religion.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
If anything it tells you how to behave in the 15th century: "say you believe in our god or we will kill/ostracize you".

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
04-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Link time: Pascal's sucker bet

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 05:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-08-2011 01:54 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Link time: Pascal's sucker bet

Pascal was just being a pussy looking for a lifeboat in the desert. And he knew better, he didn't believe that shit.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
04-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Sorry for the dude comment... I don't have a buddy term for women. All the female friends I've had I called dude. What do you call a lady that equals dude?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user