Finally took "the plunge".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
RE: Finally took "the plunge".
(04-08-2011 06:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What do you call a lady that equals dude?

dudette.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't like it, it doesn't roll off the tounge well, it sounds lame. Lame I say. I want something better like girlool or wickchick or female ninja, something like that.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Try "girl". Though English isn't my main language so I probably can't tell if it'd sound offensive or condescending.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
04-08-2011, 08:29 PM
(04-08-2011 07:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't like it, it doesn't roll off the tounge well, it sounds lame. Lame I say. I want something better like girlool or wickchick or female ninja, something like that.

Okay. But I wasn't suggesting it. I'm just telling you that it's "dudette", been that way for at least a couple of decades or more now.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Some women are offended by girl, some are offended by woman that type of name is pretty hard to use. Actually (American) women get offended by absolutely anything depending on which you talk to. I've never liked dudette though I agree that it's a bit annoying being called a dude. Hmm a rather inoffensive phrase to lump all women into a pile..... wait now I'm busy thinking of a pile of women =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
05-08-2011, 11:14 AM
That would be sweaty. Probably wouldn't smell too good either. Plus I'd hate to be on the bottom.
[Image: Tasha_Pile.ashx]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-08-2011, 11:39 AM
(05-08-2011 04:55 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Some women are offended by girl, some are offended by woman that type of name is pretty hard to use. Actually (American) women get offended by absolutely anything depending on which you talk to.

Heh, I figured that it wouldn't slide. Caribbean Spanish has it easy, we can call any peer "boy" or "girl" without a problem.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
05-08-2011, 11:54 AM

(04-08-2011 06:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Sorry for the dude comment... I don't have a buddy term for women. All the female friends I've had I called dude. What do you call a lady that equals dude?
It's totally ok. Cool I was just merely pointing out that I am of the female persuasion. I call my girlfriends dude also so by all means, call me dude. Big Grin
(04-08-2011 07:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't like it, it doesn't roll off the tounge well, it sounds lame. Lame I say. I want something better like girlool or wickchick or female ninja, something like that.
Ninja works too. LOL! Big Grin
(05-08-2011 04:55 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Some women are offended by girl, some are offended by woman that type of name is pretty hard to use. Actually (American) women get offended by absolutely anything depending on which you talk to. I've never liked dudette though I agree that it's a bit annoying being called a dude. Hmm a rather inoffensive phrase to lump all women into a pile..... wait now I'm busy thinking of a pile of women =p
MMMMM, pile of women... Tongue
(05-08-2011 11:39 AM)Efrx86 Wrote:  Heh, I figured that it wouldn't slide. Caribbean Spanish has it easy, we can call any peer "boy" or "girl" without a problem.
So, are you the Dude (lol) in the video in your signature?
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 11:57 AM
No, that's Scott Clifton.

05-08-2011, 12:00 PM

(05-08-2011 11:57 AM)Efrx86 Wrote:  No, that's Scott Clifton.

Ok, he's pretty cool. I watched a bunch of his videos.
Quote this message in a reply