Finding this hard to believe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Finding this hard to believe.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/richard...pedophilia

I am somewhat skeptical at this article. Especially as one of its sources is Al-Jezeera which I understand is more of a joke site. Any of you guys have any idea on its validity.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Finding this hard to believe.
(13-09-2013 10:26 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/richard...pedophilia

I am somewhat skeptical at this article. Especially as one of its sources is Al-Jezeera which I understand is more of a joke site. Any of you guys have any idea on its validity.

It is blowback from his criticism of Islam more than anything else. He was quoted as saying there are varying level of pedophilia and those wishing to take a pot shot at him have run with it.

Side note, there is a thread about this already and it was locked due to the rule on pedophillia discussion around here so would assume this one will be as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-09-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: Finding this hard to believe.
(13-09-2013 10:26 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/richard...pedophilia

He did say what he's quoted as saying, but the characterization in the headline and by others they quote is inaccurate. He is talking about degrees of bad, not "bad" and "not bad." He also acknowledges that awareness and attitudes are changing for the better, and that what was ignored or hidden decades ago is unacceptable now.

Changing awareness leads to changing behavioral standards, and vicious murderous rape really is worse then copping a feel. Neither is okay, but one is worse.

As a PTSD patient resulting from CSA, I have to agree. I've had more bad effects than Dawkins, and also went through worse, but my symptoms are up and down, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Some people I've met in group went through much worse than I did, and their bad effects go up and down, too.

He never said that any sex abuse was okay, just that he can't use today's improved standards to judge long-past bad actions.

Edit: His inability to judge past actions harshly doesn't imply that you or I cannot. He was making a personal statement.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 8 users Like I Am's post