Finding work sucks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Finding work sucks
How the fuck am I suppose to find a job when even positions that are mother fucking Entry Level, levels of work intended ONLY for people with no previous experience or skills or education have people with college degree's and ten years of experience applying for them?

My last interview was for freaking Kohl's and it was one of those group interviews. The girl across from me was basically out because she basically said that she had strict hours she could not work and was only there for the summer. But this was a freaking ENTRY LEVEL fucking job and this guy next to me was all like. Oh HI! I have a Bachelors degree in Business Management and OH! Ten fucking years of experience of retail experience.

Mother fucker! How the hell am I suppose to compete for jobs when I have bachelor's degree students applying for the same jobs as I am. I am too afraid to even fucking apply for fast food careers because there might be some guy who graduated from some cordon bleu culinary school that has like 10 years experience working and managing and owning restaurants....applying for fry cook or cashier at mother fucking taco bell.

Seriously, I have studied dozens of sources of how to give a better job interview from Forbes to you tube videos of business career managers. I am a jacket short of a three piece business suit. I know all the best answers to answer the questions with and I study a little about the company before going in. I follow it up with a thank you letter for the interview and part of that letter points out how my qualities matches up with their business statement.

Sigh. I hate everything. I am about to give up and just have some staffing agency throw me in another factory or a mill or something.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Finding work sucks
FWIW, the jobs you are looking for are not going to hire the guy with 10 years experience and a bachelor's degree. They don't want a guy who is taking a job just to told him while he looks for a better job.

What are your skills? Do you have a degree? What do you want to do?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
09-06-2015, 07:32 PM
(09-06-2015 07:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am too afraid to even fucking apply for fast food careers because there might be some guy who graduated from some cordon bleu culinary school that has like 10 years experience working and managing and owning restaurants....applying for fry cook or cashier at mother fucking taco bell.

When I worked at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas I remember some of the chefs telling me that Cordon Bleu had such a bad reputation among professionals that they often suggested to people who made the mistake of attending it that they leave it off the resume, so that part of it is certainly possible Tongue

'Murican Canadian
09-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Applicants for entry level unskilled jobs do not necessarily have a leg up on getting hired. This kind of applicant would be called overqualified. Hiring an overqualified applicant is a bit risky since they would likely be looking for alternatives immediately upon being hired.

One area that you will not find college degree holding applicants competing for jobs is the skilled trades. All of them need general laborers, and if you are willing to work for your pay, you will often be given the opportunity to train/learn the skilled trade over time. You'd make a smidge more than entry level retail or fast food, with the prospects of making much more with experience.

The above is just an idea, but you don't really indicate or say what it is you want to do. There might be better fits for you depending on what kind of field you want to be in.
09-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Shadow Fox...no advice, just many hugs...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Come work at my job, I guarantee you not a single person there has a single degree in anything.
09-06-2015, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 09:15 AM by ghostexorcist.)
I'm a recent college grad. I know many grads who apply for such entry level jobs because they know they can't get anything else without previous experience. I now a couple of guys who still work at my previous dead end manual labor job despite having respective degrees in criminal justice and engineering.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2015, 09:23 PM
(09-06-2015 07:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  How the fuck am I suppose to find a job when even positions that are mother fucking Entry Level, levels of work intended ONLY for people with no previous experience or skills or education have people with college degree's and ten years of experience applying for them?

My last interview was for freaking Kohl's and it was one of those group interviews. The girl across from me was basically out because she basically said that she had strict hours she could not work and was only there for the summer. But this was a freaking ENTRY LEVEL fucking job and this guy next to me was all like. Oh HI! I have a Bachelors degree in Business Management and OH! Ten fucking years of experience of retail experience.

Mother fucker! How the hell am I suppose to compete for jobs when I have bachelor's degree students applying for the same jobs as I am. I am too afraid to even fucking apply for fast food careers because there might be some guy who graduated from some cordon bleu culinary school that has like 10 years experience working and managing and owning restaurants....applying for fry cook or cashier at mother fucking taco bell.

Seriously, I have studied dozens of sources of how to give a better job interview from Forbes to you tube videos of business career managers. I am a jacket short of a three piece business suit. I know all the best answers to answer the questions with and I study a little about the company before going in. I follow it up with a thank you letter for the interview and part of that letter points out how my qualities matches up with their business statement.

Sigh. I hate everything. I am about to give up and just have some staffing agency throw me in another factory or a mill or something.

Talk to a staffing agency. Tell them what experience you have and what you are, and are not, looking for. Talk to several agencies. I have had good and bad experiences with staffing agencies. The trend seems to be for employers to use them more than they did just a couple of years ago.

In the meantime, keep doing what you are doing with your search. Spread a wider net for available jobs. Agencies are a great way to do that as well as to assist you in putting together a better resume.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-06-2015, 01:57 AM
Go to Middle East or Asian coutries. You will definitely find a job there. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes faisal6309's post
13-06-2015, 04:09 AM
(09-06-2015 07:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  How the fuck am I suppose to find a job when even positions that are mother fucking Entry Level, levels of work intended ONLY for people with no previous experience or skills or education have people with college degree's and ten years of experience applying for them?

I would try a staffing agency also. They can place you in a field where you have work experience. Best of luck! Thumbsup

**Crickets** -- God