Fine Police Who Stop People From Filiming Them?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: Fine Police Who Stop People From Filiming Them?
(17-01-2016 02:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  If they have nothing to hide, being filmed shouldn't be a problem as long as it isn't interfering with their job. This reminds me of the cop who asks "Why do you object to being searched if you have nothing to hide?". Apparently they don't like that shoe on the other foot.

I do kinda dislike the pervasiveness of cameras in modern society. I can foresee a time in the not distant future, when to advocate for any privacy at all will be seen as dangerously revolutionary. On the other hand, we have the tech, we are going to use it... so we might as well use it to keep the law...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-01-2016, 02:23 PM
(17-01-2016 02:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 02:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  If they have nothing to hide, being filmed shouldn't be a problem as long as it isn't interfering with their job. This reminds me of the cop who asks "Why do you object to being searched if you have nothing to hide?". Apparently they don't like that shoe on the other foot.

I do kinda dislike the pervasiveness of cameras in modern society. I can foresee a time in the not distant future, when to advocate for any privacy at all will be seen as dangerously revolutionary. On the other hand, we have the tech, we are going to use it... so we might as well use it to keep the law...

Yea, I get the whole safety vs. privacy issue. I'm not too fond of letting any agency police itself, or is not required to answer to outside scrutiny.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-01-2016, 02:32 PM
One issue they have is that the footage gets broadcast on the Internet, but not necessarily all of it or in the order of the sequence of events. The Internet Lynch Mob takes over from there. That's the scenario they're worried about.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
17-01-2016, 02:37 PM
(17-01-2016 02:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
One issue they have is that the footage gets broadcast on the Internet, but not necessarily all of it or in the order of the sequence of events. The Internet Lynch Mob takes over from there. That's the scenario they're worried about.

Isn't that where cop cams come in?
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
17-01-2016, 03:32 PM
(17-01-2016 02:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 02:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  One issue they have is that the footage gets broadcast on the Internet, but not necessarily all of it or in the order of the sequence of events. The Internet Lynch Mob takes over from there. That's the scenario they're worried about.

"Which version are you going to believe? The one from your neighbor down the street or the one from the fucking pigs?"

See the problem? It may be an insuperable problem as well. I thin the only way to make a dent in the Lynch Mob version would be for the officer to immediately surrender his camera to an impartial body, people trusted by both sides.
17-01-2016, 03:42 PM
(17-01-2016 03:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 02:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  Isn't that where cop cams come in?

"Which version are you going to believe? The one from your neighbor down the street or the one from the fucking pigs?"

See the problem? It may be an insuperable problem as well. I thin the only way to make a dent in the Lynch Mob version would be for the officer to immediately surrender his camera to an impartial body, people trusted by both sides.

I'd believe the most complete version, if their were more than one.
I think the proposed idea for cops wearing cams was that they are not to be turned off (or be able to be) at any time during their shift.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-01-2016, 04:14 PM
(17-01-2016 03:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 03:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "Which version are you going to believe? The one from your neighbor down the street or the one from the fucking pigs?"

I'd believe the most complete version, if their were more than one.
I think the proposed idea for cops wearing cams was that they are not to be turned off (or be able to be) at any time during their shift.

You can have a whole shift or a four hour recycle, etc., depending on the gear bought.

As for versions, I think the first one "out there" would be the most impactful. Some people would always believe that was the true version no matter what came after.
17-01-2016, 04:20 PM
(17-01-2016 02:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 02:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  One issue they have is that the footage gets broadcast on the Internet, but not necessarily all of it or in the order of the sequence of events. The Internet Lynch Mob takes over from there. That's the scenario they're worried about.

One would think so
17-01-2016, 04:28 PM
(17-01-2016 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Texas bashing...second only to 'Merica' bashing in general. Undecided

Um, I'd like a moment for rebuttal, said the Floridian. Texas is a distant second to Florida when it comes to bashing for idiocy.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
17-01-2016, 04:44 PM
I find it alarming that you have a state that is pushing to make it illegal to film cops.

That is some really crazy shit, you can't allow that to happen peeps, like seriously you can't.

No

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post