Fine Police Who Stop People From Filiming Them?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Fine Police Who Stop People From Filiming Them?
(18-01-2016 12:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 11:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't know any janitors who started out making $49k/year, but that's what Travis County sheriffs deputies start at -- no experience, fresh out of the academy, not counting overtime.

Here's a direct comparison:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=...cer/Salary

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=...ourly_Rate

That was just off-hand for "not paying them enough".

Ah ... I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 01:41 PM
(18-01-2016 11:17 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 10:39 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  We are a "Lynch Mob" kind of society, we always have been. Sad

And we ask cops to stick their heads in the noose.

Last I checked, nobody is being forced to be a cop.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
18-01-2016, 03:23 PM
(18-01-2016 12:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  4th Amendment, dude.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,
against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants
shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and
particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Arbitrarily seizing the recording and equipment is unreasonable search and seizure.

And there's what gives the police the right to seize recording media -- IF - it's "reasonable"......

It doesn't say "against ALL searches and seizures" --- it says "REASONABLE".....

If the cops have a good justifiable reason to take your shit - they can......

If they're found to be wrong -- they're on the hook ----

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-01-2016, 03:31 PM
(18-01-2016 03:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,
against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants
particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Arbitrarily seizing the recording and equipment is unreasonable search and seizure.

And there's what gives the police the right to seize recording media -- IF - it's "reasonable"......

It doesn't say "against ALL searches and seizures" --- it says "REASONABLE".....

It is not up to them to define 'reasonable'. They don't get to make law.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-01-2016, 03:34 PM
(18-01-2016 03:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 03:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And there's what gives the police the right to seize recording media -- IF - it's "reasonable"......

It is not up to them to define 'reasonable'. They don't get to make law.

You're right -- it's NOT up to them to define reasonable.....

That is for a court to decide...

But -- they're supposed to exercise reasonable judgement -- and part of that would include seizing recording media -- IF - it were reasonable ... (like in undercover operations -- or in an ongoing criminal investigation where disclosure could blow a criminal case..)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-01-2016, 03:44 PM
(18-01-2016 03:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 03:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is not up to them to define 'reasonable'. They don't get to make law.

You're right -- it's NOT up to them to define reasonable.....

But -- they're supposed to exercise reasonable judgement -- and part of that would include seizing recording media -- IF - it were reasonable ... (like in undercover operations -- or in an ongoing criminal investigation where disclosure could blow a criminal case..)

That's all well and good, but has that ever actually been the case with these seizures? I rather doubt it.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-01-2016, 04:04 PM
(18-01-2016 01:41 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 11:17 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And we ask cops to stick their heads in the noose.

Last I checked, nobody is being forced to be a cop.

That's actually the sad part, most of them want to be cops.
18-01-2016, 04:32 PM
(18-01-2016 03:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 03:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're right -- it's NOT up to them to define reasonable.....

That's all well and good, but has that ever actually been the case with these seizures? I rather doubt it.
I don't know -- I did say "case by case basis" - didn't I???

If the police are trying to cover something up that they did illegally -- yup -- they need to get fried.....

But -- you can't have a blanket ban.......

18-01-2016, 04:34 PM
(18-01-2016 04:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 03:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's all well and good, but has that ever actually been the case with these seizures? I rather doubt it.
I don't know -- I did say "case by case basis" - didn't I???

If the police are trying to cover something up that they did illegally -- yup -- they need to get fried.....

But -- you can't have a blanket ban.......

Clearly circumscribed circumstances are what is needed.
Without clear rules, then a blanket ban is in accord with the Fourth Amendment.

18-01-2016, 07:40 PM

It seems to me that the language of the fourth amendment requires that a warrant be issued for every search and that was the intent of the framers. Today, the overwhelming majority of searches are conducted without a warrant. The courts have decided that it is too much trouble to require the cops to get a warrant in every case and the bad guys, especially people in possession of illegal drugs, might escape or destroy the drugs if the cops were required to get a warrant. Also, if we strictly enforce the language of the constitution, bad guys will be getting away all over the place. That pesky 4th amendment gets in the way so we have all kinds of exceptions to the warrant requirement. We even have a new category of search that is completely outside the 4th amendment and that is "stop and frisk" based on some idiotic concept called "reasonable suspicion." The words, "reasonable suspicion," do not exist in the 4th amendment. They were the product of some sick fucking judge's paranoid ramblings and now they are ingrained in the fucking law.