Fine then... prove it (about Foxnews' website)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: Fine then... prove it (about Foxnews' website)
(03-07-2012 08:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 08:24 AM)Vipa Wrote:  It is neither. It simply doesn't matter wheter or not they spread false information. Obviously their skill at transfering this information correctly has reached not just zero but is negative...

And you disregard the fact that false information can be delivered by the things you do not say...
And why exactly shouldn't we consider politics? It is important to at least be objective about what one says. You can still bash the shit afterwards.

It does matter because you're not actually answering the question. You're trusting someone else and what others have said instead of actually finding out for yourself.

And, no politics because that's not the issue at hand. If I post a link for a science article, politics is completely non-sequitur; however, unfounded prejudice is derived from it. It's an unfair assessment.
Think about this then.
People don't trust FOX news, hence people don't trust FOX news.
People don't want to read the article if they then have to do research to make sure what is being said is actually accurate.

Politics has sort of ruined people's trust of FOX news. Yes you say their scientific articles or whatever are trustworthy, but at the end of the day it's like a bad marriage just after one of the partners found out the other had an affair, you can say you'll never cheat again but it's always there...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-07-2012, 08:35 AM
(03-07-2012 08:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 08:24 AM)Vipa Wrote:  It is neither. It simply doesn't matter wheter or not they spread false information. Obviously their skill at transfering this information correctly has reached not just zero but is negative...

And you disregard the fact that false information can be delivered by the things you do not say...
And why exactly shouldn't we consider politics? It is important to at least be objective about what one says. You can still bash the shit afterwards.

It does matter because you're not actually answering the question. You're trusting someone else and what others have said instead of actually finding out for yourself.

And, no politics because that's not the issue at hand. If I post a link for a science article, politics is completely non-sequitur; however, unfounded prejudice is derived from it. It's an unfair assessment.

I think KC is correct. If you are dealing strictly with news then FOX is as least as accurate as the other main outlets. Most people equate the news on FOX with their commentary. KC's parameters here are logical and legitimate.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
(03-07-2012 08:33 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I'll play the devil's advocate.

If we are people who say we choose to believe what is true and choose to be skeptical, then we should also realize that the things that are true aren't always what we want to hear, nor where we want to learn them from.

I think what kingy here is saying is.... "Are the articles they post in regards to science less credible because they're a bunch of politically biased bastards? How do you know?"

Don't get me wrong, when it comes to politics, fox is a bunch of biased bastards. But... does that mean that news in relation to other things (not related to politics... say science, nature, etc) should be discounted? How do you know? If someone is truly a skeptic, we know that one biased statement doesn't mean that all statements therefore proceeding forward are false.

You hit the nail on the head.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-07-2012, 08:39 AM
(03-07-2012 08:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 08:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It does matter because you're not actually answering the question. You're trusting someone else and what others have said instead of actually finding out for yourself.

Think about this then.
People don't trust FOX news, hence people don't trust FOX news.
People don't want to read the article if they then have to do research to make sure what is being said is actually accurate.

Politics has sort of ruined people's trust of FOX news. Yes you say their scientific articles or whatever are trustworthy, but at the end of the day it's like a bad marriage just after one of the partners found out the other had an affair, you can say you'll never cheat again but it's always there...

Oh, I completely agree and understand what you're saying... but, to say that others (TTA) discredit Foxnews articles because of politics, IMO, seriously insults the intelligence of TTA.

I'm pretty sure TTA an separate instances such as these... well, I'm hopeful, anyway.

03-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Meh, people forget TTA are people too.
Yea we consider ourselves "free thinkers" but we're still restricted to "free thinkers as long as it's atheist thinking".
And FOX news isn't atheist thinking, hence, "fuck FOX news".

03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Alright since you ignore facts about why it doesn't matter if there are errors:

let's just see what "fox news fails" brings up on google:

[Image: fox-news-map-fail-14026-1248897794-4.jpg]
Egypt is on the african continent

[Image: 246e1_68e468bf-298d-404a-bc39-f17f53ee16d7.jpg]
Obama Terrorist

[Image: fox-news-map-fail-japan-nuclear-power-pl...htclub.jpg]
Shibuyaeggman? uuh yeah

[Image: fox-news-fail_242x197.jpg]
No it is constitutional (and this is not politics btw it's law)

[Image: fox-loans-610.jpg]
And here's a lovely example of my criticism. They didn't tell you that the money is actually being used to build manufacturing facilities in the US...

Now that was pretty easy. And I'm not even american, so I couldn't care less about Fox News "News"
03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
(03-07-2012 08:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meh, people forget TTA are people too.
Yea we consider ourselves "free thinkers" but we're still restricted to "free thinkers as long as it's atheist thinking".

Kinda hypocritical condemnation, don't you think?

03-07-2012, 08:52 AM
(03-07-2012 08:48 AM)Vipa Wrote:  Alright since you ignore facts about why it doesn't matter if there are errors:

let's just see what "fox news fails" brings up on google:

[Image: fox-news-map-fail-14026-1248897794-4.jpg]
Egypt is on the african continent

[Image: 246e1_68e468bf-298d-404a-bc39-f17f53ee16d7.jpg]
Obama Terrorist

[Image: fox-news-map-fail-japan-nuclear-power-pl...htclub.jpg]
Shibuyaeggman? uuh yeah

[Image: fox-news-fail_242x197.jpg]
No it is constitutional (and this is not politics btw it's law)

[Image: fox-loans-610.jpg]
And here's a lovely example of my criticism. They didn't tell you that the money is actually being used to build manufacturing facilities in the US...

Now that was pretty easy. And I'm not even american, so I couldn't care less about Fox News "News"

Those are screen shots from the News Program and are not articles.

I am asking for articles from http://www.foxnews.com

News programs have a greater chance of error because of the haste in which they are done. Written articles bear a different standard.

Try again.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
(03-07-2012 08:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 08:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meh, people forget TTA are people too.

Kinda hypocritical condemnation, don't you think?
Yea of course.
We complain about them being hell bent on being a theist, but then we're hell bent on being an Atheist.
And we claim we are "free thinkers", yet in the same sentence that you hear an atheist claim to be a free thinker they'll complain that theists believe themselves to be better then us.

Hypocritical sure, but that just shows human nature doesn't it.
Theist, Atheist, Agnostic whatever, your beliefs are your beliefs and they really mean something to you and so of course you are going to believe yours to be superior, I mean it's hard to accept that what you believe is wrong, nobody likes being told what they strongly believe in is wrong.

I think there is two types of thinking, thinking and really sitting down and having a think about it. Like take this FOX news, people associate it with their reputation and hence don't want anything to do with it. Sure it may not make sense when you stop and really think about it but we don't, we instantly associate it with theist biased opinion which differs from our own beliefs and hence dismiss it. It's like stereotypes, you associate the bigger picture with one element of it.
So brings me back to my original point, why are you surprised and obviously annoyed enough to make a thread about it, by a bunch of atheists reacting this way?

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-07-2012, 09:04 AM
(03-07-2012 08:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Those are screen shots from the News Program and are not articles.

I am asking for articles from http://www.foxnews.com

News programs have a greater chance of error because of the haste in which they are done. Written articles bear a different standard.

Try again.

"Show me articles with false claims, claims not backed by research, or anything else that can support your theory that Foxnews is untrustworthy."

Wrong you are asking also for "anything else that can support your theory that foxnews is untrustworthy"

Try again.