Fine then... prove it (about Foxnews' website)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2012, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 04:37 AM by Lilith Pride.)
RE: Fine then... prove it (about Foxnews' website)
I don't see much credibility in news in general. I think I've actually bothered to refute a few of the articls posted by others due to how they were trying to suggest things went. Some of us are just bias of what is said in general. Anyway if I have an issue with BBC news because they have a history of making fun of furries then other people can have an issue with a news channel that tries to thrust theism. I've seen plenty of heavily christian articls posted here by multiple people. My news netork is Texas A&M's anthropology news resource. Unfortunately they link to articles they find interesting, so the articles are likely still blocked. I just happen to trust articles gathered by college students over articles produe for attention chosen at random.

(note I'm not saying these articles are all truthful. They just often seem worth the time to look into or downright funny)

I can fail almost any news source by searching the word transsexual. Every group has topics of disinterest that they only give cursory glance to when presented interestng stories.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2012, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 04:45 AM by ClydeLee.)
Okay let's just drum this one up.

There isn't an issue with the Foxnews.com articles. The articles are actual news just like the 1 hour foxnews channel airs a day. If you go with articles that are in the opinion section, then you are off in scary land.

The only gripe I have had with FoxNews.com in the past is when comparing their science articles. . . very lacking on ground breaking or big current events. I forgot what but I remember them not acknowledging some astronomical event last year. There was a problem on my old phone that it could no longer get CNN news so I was looking at the Foxnews site and was shamed.

I decided to do a comparison search with the news of a feathered dinosaur found in North America; as in the article I posted in the science section. I searched the term Feathered Dinosaur and got just references to articles from 2004 with FoxNews and some mentions last year of studies as the article headlines called, "fuzzy dinosaurs." Nothing, nada, now maybe if I look in the science section I will find it without it linking me through those words, I'll check up on that.

I decided to compare and with CNN.com I got nothing about the recent finding and a similar trend of old 2002 articles or ones from 2011-2010. So case closed eh? No I decided to search in NBCNews.com (Get with the times people! There is not MSNbc.com! Just because they only changed within the last month doesn't excuse you people to not update your posts properly) So I searched feathered dinosaur there and got an article right on the top about the recent discovery.(Note my original article was not from NBC)

Okay, looked up in the science areas... CNN doesn't even have a science section, and if it's a subsection of another area, I can't find it on the website so they can go shove Wolf Blitzer up their twit hole! The Foxnews science section is well done and got a lot of cool articles, just not seemingly new groundbreaking info. The have things that.. believe it or not, don't presume creationism or humans being 5000 years old and living with dinosaurs. On the front of the section right now is an article about blood types and one about Tex-vs-Tricertops.

Although from the get go I looked at the article always before I ever thought of waving the wand of shame on FoxNews.com; I shall still look at it skeptical before entering that cave of shaddows... CNN just keeps sucking ever since stopping using Darth Vader and that old guy in the suspenders... I think, was he the Emperor?

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
27-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Just read OP...anyway, my opinion.

Every news station is partisan, Fox News is just much more efficient. If you think your choice of news station is unbiased then you are fooling yourself. Anyhow, when this type of conversation crops up (as it does from time to time) I am always reminded of Thomas Jefferson who said "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." He was right too. In any event, the unbiased truth rarely makes its way one your newspapers, and television screens. Everyone has their own agendas. Your favorite source of news most likely has similar biases and agendas that you do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why are theist making accounts for this website again. Metazoa Zeke 26 418 25-02-2014 05:45 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Post your favorite website! Alex_Leonardo 25 526 21-02-2014 03:14 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  I bet nobody on this website can answer this question. TheThirdEye 133 2,741 15-01-2014 05:15 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs
  I bet nobody on this website can answer this question. No. 2 Vosur 16 456 12-01-2014 04:51 AM
Last Post: Dark Light
  It's The End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine) Can_of_Beans 5 184 30-11-2013 03:15 PM
Last Post: morondog
  Nigerian Student Chibuihem Amalaha 'Uses Science To Prove Gay Marriage Is Wrong' H2O2 19 1,006 17-09-2013 06:50 AM
Last Post: Regular_Joe
  Posted on the WCLV Website dclarion 0 101 28-08-2013 06:55 AM
Last Post: dclarion