Finland doesn't exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 02:37 PM by Vera.)
RE: Finland doesn't exist
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?”

I can make a straw hat by now... Undecided

I LOVE that play (and the movie. I also had a crush on Iain Glen Blush And when I say crush, I just mean I thought (think) he is a very handsome man), dance. I can quote quite a few lines by heart. The one about death was... Still remember what an effect it had on me, wanted to talk about it in class at uni and just...

“Whatever became of the moment when one first knew about death? There must have been one, a moment, in childhood, when it first occurred to you that you don't go on forever. It must have been shattering, stamped into one's memory. And yet I can't remember it. It never occurred to me at all. We must be born with an intuition of mortality. Before we know the word for it, before we know that there are words,out we come, bloodied and squalling...with the knowledge that for all the points of the compass, there's only one direction and time is its only measure.”

And it's just such a gem, linguistically speaking. Just brilliant.

[Image: tumblr_nwt27uKhnp1r1pxrwo1_400.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
31-05-2017, 04:51 PM
(30-05-2017 06:48 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4573

According to some kooks, there is a sea where everyone thinks Finland is that Japan and Russia are covering up for the purposes of unlimited fishing and whaling without international oversight.

Laugh out load

Not all that surprising that some people might believe that, really.

https://www.ourhollowearth.com/

Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
31-05-2017, 05:23 PM
(31-05-2017 03:24 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Well that news comes as a surprise to me. I was in Helsinki last month.

That's what you want us to think. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user