Fiorina Tries Waterboarding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Fiorina Tries Waterboarding
Apparently unhappy with continuing to trail Trump, Fiorina has reached out to the thug cohort of the GOP (its largest cohort) with an endorsment of waterboarding. I think if she'd endorsed waterslides over Trump's wall to flush undocumented immigrants out of the country with she'd've gained even more GOP thug votes but she probably saw that waterboarding hasn't been in the sports pages lately so saw a chance to "get fresh".

In all the swish and swash of waterboard "discourse" one point never gets mentioned: if the genuine intent with waterboarding is to elicit accurate information from uncooperative subjects, AND waterboarding is "harmless", it would already be a long established procedure used in courtrooms to save time with hostile uncooperative witnesses. That it is NOT so applied, nor applied in any other venue involving uncooperative subjects withholding critical information (like in IRS collections offices), particularly since it keeps being promoted as "harmless", the claim of efficacy is probably exaggerated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2015, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2015 12:11 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
RE: Fiorina Tries Waterboarding
(29-09-2015 12:00 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Apparently unhappy with continuing to trail Trump, Fiorina has reached out to the thug cohort of the GOP (its largest cohort) with an endorsment of waterboarding. I think if she'd endorsed waterslides over Trump's wall to flush undocumented immigrants out of the country with she'd've gained even more GOP thug votes but she probably saw that waterboarding hasn't been in the sports pages lately so saw a chance to "get fresh".

In all the swish and swash of waterboard "discourse" one point never gets mentioned: if the genuine intent with waterboarding is to elicit accurate information from uncooperative subjects, AND waterboarding is "harmless", it would already be a long established procedure used in courtrooms to save time with hostile uncooperative witnesses. That it is NOT so applied, nor applied in any other venue involving uncooperative subjects withholding critical information (like in IRS collections offices), particularly since it keeps being promoted as "harmless", the claim of efficacy is probably exaggerated.

Your link is broken. Also thread title is misleading. Fiorina, according to this article, apparently endorses water boarding as a means of extracting information.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/...erboarding

She hasn't tried it.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
29-09-2015, 12:24 AM
My own personal opinion is that the President of the United States should never rule out using waterboarding. I think there are circumstance where it can be warranted and used effectively.
29-09-2015, 01:49 AM
(29-09-2015 12:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My own personal opinion is that the President of the United States should never rule out using waterboarding. I think there are circumstance where it can be warranted and used effectively.

For once, we agree.

Or at least, I agree with the first part of that and some of the second.

History has shown us, if nothing else, that wrt foreign policy, "might makes right"... even though 'right', of course, is relative.

"Our leader is a bigger psycho than your leader" is going to give any out-tribe pause for thought.

It comes down to what political game you want to play and your ability / will to carry out any muscle-bound position you take.

I agree it is effective at extracting a confessing but whether it is warranted, I'm inclined to think not ... if someone will make any confession about anything just to stop the agony, the confession is worthless.

29-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Well in that case Poo-tin is the leader of the free world Dodgy he's definitely the biggest psycho.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-09-2015, 01:53 AM
(29-09-2015 01:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  if someone will make any confession about anything just to stop the agony, the confession is worthless.

Worthless i.t.o. establishing actual guilt. For establishing a scapegoat? Priceless. For everything else there's the Master-race card.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
29-09-2015, 03:06 AM
Fiorina, sounds like a race horse. What are the odds? Can I double, triple my money??????

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Waterboarding? In Australia we call it surfing.

[Image: TealeVanner_w1.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-09-2015, 04:53 AM
(29-09-2015 01:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well in that case Poo-tin is the leader of the free world Dodgy he's definitely the biggest psycho.

[Image: QvvswUZ.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-09-2015, 05:08 AM
He wrestles bears to prove his manhood. I think he is secretly gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Gay I mean.

Banjo.