Fiorina Tries Waterboarding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: Fiorina Tries Waterboarding
My own opinion is that if you have to resort to torture (which is what waterboarding is), it is only because you are not smart enough to get into the person's head to get the information. Torture is not a reliable source of intelligence. I recommend watching the movie Chronicle of an Escape which is based on the true story of an Argentinian soccer player that was arrested and tortured from bad intelligence obtained under torture during Argentina's dirty war.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
29-09-2015, 11:32 AM
(29-09-2015 12:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My own personal opinion is that the President of the United States should never rule out using waterboarding. I think there are circumstance where it can be warranted and used effectively.

Of course you don't Woodie. You are a fucking scumbag.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
29-09-2015, 12:28 PM
If you support waterboarding, you should have to undergo waterboarding first to prove it's humane.
[+] 4 users Like Ash's post
29-09-2015, 12:34 PM
I am against any torture at all being perpetrated in my name, for both ethical and pragmatic reasons.
29-09-2015, 01:40 PM
(29-09-2015 12:28 PM)Ash Wrote:  If you support waterboarding, you should have to undergo waterboarding first to prove it's humane.

Many people have claimed to have done it, to prove it isn't a big deal.

But...

Their lives were NEVER in danger nor did they believe their lives were any danger.

It also wasn't done in conjunction with sleep deprivation and or starvation...

I'd love to see a government official go through all that for a month and say its not a big deal.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-09-2015, 03:30 PM
(29-09-2015 10:37 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  My own opinion is that if you have to resort to torture (which is what waterboarding is), it is only because you are not smart enough to get into the person's head to get the information. Torture is not a reliable source of intelligence. I recommend watching the movie Chronicle of an Escape which is based on the true story of an Argentinian soccer player that was arrested and tortured from bad intelligence obtained under torture during Argentina's dirty war.

Putting Kim Davis in jail is torture because it caused her physical and emotional anguish and was punishment for the purpose of compelling her to do something. It is not torture to the same degree as waterboarding but it is torture none the less.

This is only my opinion. Yours may differ. I am not going to draw some arbitrary line and say it is okay to cause this degree of physical and emotional suffering but not this other degree. Causing others to endure physical and emotional suffering is beneficial but can be over done. What determines when it is over done is not some arbitrary line decided by some politician but rather the circumstances.

Suppose Snidnely Whiplash chained Nell Fenwick to the tracks and locked the chain with a combination lock. A train is coming and Dudley Do-Right has no way to save Nell except by extracting the combination of the lock from Snidnely Whiplash. Dudley Do-Right would be justified in beating the combination out of Snidely who would give it because he knows that giving only the correct combination will save him from being beat to death.

Minimalist, I forgive you for calling me a scumbag. You are in the twilight of your life and I hope that before the sun sets on it, you mature and grow as a human being to the point where you no longer need to call people you don't like names or sling insults instead of arguments.
29-09-2015, 03:32 PM
(29-09-2015 01:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It also wasn't done in conjunction with sleep deprivation and or starvation...

Long periods of sleep deprivation is more harmful than waterboarding in my opinion.
29-09-2015, 03:34 PM
(29-09-2015 12:28 PM)Ash Wrote:  If you support waterboarding, you should have to undergo waterboarding first to prove it's humane.

If I was President and considered authorizing water boarding, I would do this before I authorized it.
29-09-2015, 03:36 PM
(29-09-2015 03:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Minimalist, I forgive you for calling me a scumbag. You are in the twilight of your life and I hope that before the sun sets on it, you mature and grow as a human being to the point where you no longer need to call people you don't like names or sling insults instead of arguments.

Funny that your forgiving nonsense is the high point of your life. You need some Gwynnies. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-09-2015, 03:38 PM
(29-09-2015 03:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 03:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Minimalist, I forgive you for calling me a scumbag. You are in the twilight of your life and I hope that before the sun sets on it, you mature and grow as a human being to the point where you no longer need to call people you don't like names or sling insults instead of arguments.

Funny that your forgiving nonsense is the high point of your life. You need some Gwynnies. Big Grin
I forgive you for trying to pass of Gwynny to Tryhard Blowhole.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post