Fiorina Tries Waterboarding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2015, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 05:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Fiorina Tries Waterboarding
(30-09-2015 01:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Cljr doesn't think for himself......he is sheep.

You sure do generate an awful lot of insults for a dude who feels compelled to forgive everyone else for theirs. There's a mental disease and defect in there somewhere. I think it's called sanctimonious hypocritical asshole disorder in the DSM.

And why is everyone's natural instinct to call cjrl "cljr". I experience it myself and have to remind myself it's "cjrl". What the fuck is up with that? And why do I think the physicist did it on purpose?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-09-2015, 05:44 PM
(30-09-2015 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 01:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Cljr doesn't think for himself......he is sheep.

Why is everyone's natural instinct to call cjrl "cljr". I experience it myself and have to remind myself it's "cjrl". What the fuck is up with that?

the worst part is you are still incorrect it's cjlr.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-09-2015, 06:21 PM
(30-09-2015 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why is everyone's natural instinct to call cjrl "cljr". I experience it myself and have to remind myself it's "cjrl". What the fuck is up with that?

Goddam you. Goddam you all to hell. Weeping

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-09-2015, 11:40 PM
(30-09-2015 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why is everyone's natural instinct to call cjrl "cljr". I experience it myself and have to remind myself it's "cjrl". What the fuck is up with that?

No no it's jrlc. He's just sneaky and puts it in the wrong order himself to confuse us.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Let's just call him City and be done with it!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-10-2015, 12:10 AM
I think of him as "Carl's Jr".
01-10-2015, 06:28 AM
(29-09-2015 12:00 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  In all the swish and swash of waterboard "discourse" one point never gets mentioned: if the genuine intent with waterboarding is to elicit accurate information from uncooperative subjects, AND waterboarding is "harmless", it would already be a long established procedure used in courtrooms to save time with hostile uncooperative witnesses.

If it is claimed to be so "harmless", would it be reasonable to subject each and every legislator who supports it to be subjected to it, just so they know what they're backing?

I know that people (at least in my state) who carry pepper spray for their job have to be subjected to it first. The point is that they will know full well what they are doing to people when they use it, so they don't use it flippantly.
01-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(01-10-2015 06:28 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I know that people (at least in my state) who carry pepper spray for their job have to be subjected to it first. The point is that they will know full well what they are doing to people when they use it, so they don't use it flippantly.

Should judges be required to spend a week in jail so they know full well what they are doing to people when they order them to be jailed?
01-10-2015, 11:17 AM
(01-10-2015 06:28 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I know that people (at least in my state) who carry pepper spray for their job have to be subjected to it first. The point is that they will know full well what they are doing to people when they use it, so they don't use it flippantly.

The other reason is that it's almost impossible to spray without getting contaminated yourself, especially when you consider that a physical altercation usually follows, so you wanna be used to it. Even foam, though it's easier to direct, can be thrown back at you by a quick thinking person. Every time I've sprayed someone, particularly in confined spaces like cells, I've been affected by it too. The difference is they're usually getting it for the first time and aren't psychologically prepared for it.

'Murican Canadian
01-10-2015, 11:42 AM
In 1963 the CIA published a manual [KUBARK Manual] on interrogation techniques. It was classified and never released to the public but I had to read it when I was in the Army in 1972. It was very critical of enhanced interrogation techniques and opined that more often than not, they led to misinformation and often that misinformation was dangerous to American military operations. Nobody is good enough to distinguish whether a guy who is screaming his guts out is telling the truth or lying. I read the KUBARK manual again in about 2010 after it was declassified. [You can download KUBARK and read it yourself.] I was working on the American Bar Association's Task Force for the Guantanamo Detainees and was more than a little disturbed by the infamous "torture memos" written by two lawyers in the Bush Admin. Those memos opined that torture was perfectly legal even though we have a federal law that prohibits any American from participating in it. I was strongly of the opinion that the lawyers who wrote the memos [Bybee and Yoo] violated our rules of ethics in so doing.

I had two gripes:

1. I spent a lot of time studying enhanced interrogation techniques and learned that it was probably more dangerous than effective. The only time it could be trusted was when Jack Bauer did it on that crap TV show, "24." [The guy who played Bauer wound up telling the West Point cadets that there was no basis for believing torture worked and reminding them that "24" was just a TV show. West Point was turning out soldiers who believed that shit worked.]

2. Whether enhanced interrogation ever worked at anytime doesn't matter. It was still a violation of federal law and we will put soldiers, intelligence officers, cops, or any one else in prison if they do it. The fact that it was a violation of federal law was a big part of the American 'image" to other countries but that "image" has been pretty much shit on today.
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post