Fiorina Tries Waterboarding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Fiorina Tries Waterboarding
(01-10-2015 11:42 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  It was very critical of enhanced interrogation techniques and opined that more often than not, they led to misinformation and often that misinformation was dangerous to American military operations. Nobody is good enough to distinguish whether a guy who is screaming his guts out is telling the truth or lying.

That's what I'd do (I mean that is if I could withstand any pain at all). Give up information that your intel would find plausible and lead you into an ambush. I have no doubt that has happened many times.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-10-2015, 06:49 AM
(01-10-2015 10:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 06:28 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I know that people (at least in my state) who carry pepper spray for their job have to be subjected to it first. The point is that they will know full well what they are doing to people when they use it, so they don't use it flippantly.

Should judges be required to spend a week in jail so they know full well what they are doing to people when they order them to be jailed?

Should you be required to honestly equate and compare things before being allowed to post?

Jail is meant to confine people. Water boarding and pepper spray are both explicitly meant to cause pain/discomfort to elicit a particular response. And, again, it's not like there isn't already a precedence of people being required to be pepper sprayed before being allowed to use it in their job.

This is what I get for reading your posts.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-10-2015, 06:52 AM
(01-10-2015 11:17 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The other reason is that it's almost impossible to spray without getting contaminated yourself, especially when you consider that a physical altercation usually follows, so you wanna be used to it. Even foam, though it's easier to direct, can be thrown back at you by a quick thinking person. Every time I've sprayed someone, particularly in confined spaces like cells, I've been affected by it too. The difference is they're usually getting it for the first time and aren't psychologically prepared for it.

That would make sense. Sort of like the military training involving putting on a gas mask when actively being gassed.