Fiorina's Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 11:02 AM
RE: Fiorina's Challenge
(23-09-2015 10:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 04:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Besides, I think Alla is in Russia somewhere. Siberia, maybe. Angel

Worse. Idaho.
Laugh out load
I disagree, but still it was funny comment.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
23-09-2015, 11:09 AM
(23-09-2015 06:25 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
Quote: John 15
4 Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

How does this insinuate self-reliance? This was Jesus talking.
Jesus was talking about spiritual things. We need God for spiritual strength so we can bring good spiritual works.
But God teaches us to do on our own all we can. We can do many things on our own. Only when we can NOT do something we rely on others: on God and people around us.
So, this is the point: be self-reliant as much as possible, not 100% .

Of course we need welfare. LDS Church has the biggest welfare program and in some cases even better than the government's welfare program, trust me I know this. We need to help those who are weak or unable to help themselves.
But we still can and have to learn to be as self-reliant as possible.
I hope we agree on that.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I still sit here unclear of what the, post-watching the video challenge or implication was to be. Did Fiorina or Heywood ever have a step beyond that?

Are we supposed to be horrified by the scientific boundary lines and think, what kind of society do we want. One that shivers in fear of what we call moral lines to not seek scientific inquiry and research for the attempted betterment of human lives? Or are we too think if we agree with accept it, we would be headed down the path of a utilitarian society where there is no end to the levels of medical experimentation that can go on in order to preserve the human race?

I just don't feel like we got a conclusion and I'm left with a, okay so now what?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Who cares? We kicked Heywood out of his own thread. That's a win. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-09-2015, 11:42 AM
(23-09-2015 11:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just don't feel like we got a conclusion and I'm left with a, okay so now what?

That's about as far as Heywood ever gets.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-09-2015, 11:46 AM
(23-09-2015 11:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  Of course we need welfare. LDS Church has the biggest welfare program and in some cases even better than the government's welfare program, trust me I know this.

Which government are you referring to?
23-09-2015, 11:50 AM
(23-09-2015 11:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just don't feel like we got a conclusion and I'm left with a, okay so now what?

I was simply curious if watching the video would change peoples attitude regarding abortion and how it was conducted in this country. Fiorina seemed to think that it would.
23-09-2015, 12:05 PM
(23-09-2015 11:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I was simply curious if watching the video would change peoples attitude regarding abortion and how it was conducted in this country. Fiorina seemed to think that it would.

Given that the video does not even feature an aborted fetus why would it?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-09-2015, 12:08 PM
(23-09-2015 12:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 11:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I was simply curious if watching the video would change peoples attitude regarding abortion and how it was conducted in this country. Fiorina seemed to think that it would.

Given that the video does not even feature an aborted fetus why would it?

Maybe some people are somehow experiencing the same fever dream hallucination Fiorina did, instead of the actual video contents?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-09-2015, 12:11 PM
(23-09-2015 12:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given that the video does not even feature an aborted fetus why would it?

Maybe some people are somehow experiencing the same fever dream hallucination Fiorina did, instead of the actual video contents?

Well the Anti-choice side has always been more about feels than facts, especially when they oppose birth control and sexual education the 2 things that do more to prevent abortions than anything else. Every argument they have is either A: A Lie or B: An appeal to emotion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post