Fire sticks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Fire sticks
I understand what these things do, sort of, but I've been seeing videos on jail breaking them like people do with phones.

Is there someone on here who gets what these sticks do, what I need to take advantage of them and what a loaded fire stick would mean? I've been toying with getting rid of cable but there are a few channels I don't want to lose, etc.

I posted a similar thread like this before but had like no response. Any help would be appreciated.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: Fire sticks
(09-12-2016 11:46 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I understand what these things do, sort of, but I've been seeing videos on jail breaking them like people do with phones.

Is there someone on here who gets what these sticks do, what I need to take advantage of them and what a loaded fire stick would mean? I've been toying with getting rid of cable but there are a few channels I don't want to lose, etc.

I posted a similar thread like this before but had like no response. Any help would be appreciated.

When I saw fire stick I thought of this
[Image: fire-dancer.jpg]

It is essentially a cable box without the cables and in a stick.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2016, 10:20 AM
I just use mine to stream Amazon Prime stuff; like all the Star Treks, Schitt's Creek, Alpha House, Betas, etc. But they're absolute crap in terms of manufacturing, I'm on my third in a year, and never even touch the thing after plugging it in.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-12-2016, 10:27 AM
(10-12-2016 10:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just use mine to stream Amazon Prime stuff; like all the Star Treks, Schitt's Creek, Alpha House, Betas, etc. But they're absolute crap in terms of manufacturing, I'm on my third in a year, and never even touch the thing after plugging it in.

Thanks Shai. I'm seriously considering getting untethered from cable, but not sure I want to give up certain channels, etc.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
10-12-2016, 10:34 AM
(10-12-2016 10:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just use mine to stream Amazon Prime stuff; like all the Star Treks, Schitt's Creek, Alpha House, Betas, etc. But they're absolute crap in terms of manufacturing, I'm on my third in a year, and never even touch the thing after plugging it in.

That's weird. My friend bought a Firestick when they first came out and has had no problems. She even bought two more, one each for her studio and bedroom TVs.

I looked at one and, mechanically at least, it was as solid as the memory sticks and my old cellular Interet dongle.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user