Fire the government

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Fire the government
I think the entire US government needs to be fired.

That is all.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Dom's post
30-09-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Fire the government
Remember when the president cried like a baby on live national television and then got in a helicopter and flew away and you all watched him?

Good times. Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Yabbut we can't have so many helicopters and so much incompetence - that ends badly.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-09-2013, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 07:48 PM by Bucky Ball.)
The tail is wagging the dog.
Some people are rather dense. They need to learn the same lessons more than one, before it sinks into their thick skulls.
(The last group of fools who did a shut-down were all looking for jobs after the next election. This group will be no different.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
30-09-2013, 10:21 PM
(30-09-2013 07:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The last group of fools who did a shut-down were all looking for jobs after the next election. This group will be no different.

Yes, but remember the circumstances in 1995. Democrats controlled the White House and the Congress, and then mid-term, a wave of anti-government Republicans swept into the House and refused to raise the debt ceiling until they made spending cuts. The media and Democrats insisted this was going to destroy the economy, and lead to great misery. But the Republicans didn't give in, they let the government shut down (the longest in history), and the Democrats were forced to make spending cuts.

Of course, after 1995 the Democrats were proven completely wrong. The massive cuts and shutdown not only didn't wreck the economy, we had the strongest economy in decades. And then 15 years later, when the public had forgotten the circumstances, the Democrats were saying "Look at how responsible we were under Clinton. We balanced the budget for the first time, and Clinton paid down the debt for the first time. And the economy was great. Democrats are fiscally responsible." And they said it with a straight face.

This was EXACTLY, point-for-point what happened last year. The only difference is that last year the Republicans gave in and didn't follow through with shutting down the government. However, you can be sure that if Republicans DID force a shut down, and massive spending cuts, then by around 2030 Democrats would again be saying "Remember how responsible we were under Obama? We balanced the budget and paid down the debt and the economy thrived under our watchful eye."
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
30-09-2013, 10:35 PM
(30-09-2013 10:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 07:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The last group of fools who did a shut-down were all looking for jobs after the next election. This group will be no different.

Yes, but remember the circumstances in 1995. Democrats controlled the White House and the Congress, and then mid-term, a wave of anti-government Republicans swept into the House and refused to raise the debt ceiling until they made spending cuts. The media and Democrats insisted this was going to destroy the economy, and lead to great misery. But the Republicans didn't give in, they let the government shut down (the longest in history), and the Democrats were forced to make spending cuts.

Of course, after 1995 the Democrats were proven completely wrong. The massive cuts and shutdown not only didn't wreck the economy, we had the strongest economy in decades. And then 15 years later, when the public had forgotten the circumstances, the Democrats were saying "Look at how responsible we were under Clinton. We balanced the budget for the first time, and Clinton paid down the debt for the first time. And the economy was great. Democrats are fiscally responsible." And they said it with a straight face.

This was EXACTLY, point-for-point what happened last year. The only difference is that last year the Republicans gave in and didn't follow through with shutting down the government. However, you can be sure that if Republicans DID force a shut down, and massive spending cuts, then by around 2030 Democrats would again be saying "Remember how responsible we were under Obama? We balanced the budget and paid down the debt and the economy thrived under our watchful eye."

That's pretty much it.

Also, the political consequences were pretty mild and short term.
30-09-2013, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 10:59 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-09-2013 10:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Yes, but remember the circumstances in 1995.

I was 2. Weeping
I wonder if you'd be saying that if you were a Federal worker who had to work tomorrow, and might not get paid for a unknown length of time, or
had a vacation planned with your family, in one of the parks, and were now up a creek ?

"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
30-09-2013, 11:06 PM
(30-09-2013 10:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 10:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Yes, but remember the circumstances in 1995.

I was 2. Weeping
I wonder if you'd be saying that if you were a Federal worker who had to work tomorrow, and might not get paid for a unknown length of time, or
had a vacation planned with your family, in one of the parks, and were now up a creek ?

frankksj was stating the truth. Sure, you might not want to hear it, but is it true?...isn't that the way we atheists like it vis-a-vis whether religion is true?
30-09-2013, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 11:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-09-2013 11:06 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 10:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I was 2. Weeping

frankksj was stating the truth. Sure, you might not want to hear it, but is it true?...isn't that the way we atheists like it vis-a-vis whether religion is true?

He was stating an opinion. There is no "the truth" about Economics.
The growth that happened in the Clinton admin has not been demonstrated as having come from the shut down. So both your points are, at this point, unproven.
I noticed you just happened to forget the welfare reform that the Republicans for decades had bitched about, Clinton finally got done. And of course he omitted the two wars Dubya started that geometrically increased the debt. Nice try. Atheism, (or not) has nothing to do with anything. Actually your saying you have "the truth" sounds pretty religious to me.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-10-2013, 04:50 AM
(30-09-2013 10:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I was 2. Weeping

After the last shutdown the federal workers ended up getting paid for all their missed worked. I'd be creaming my pants right now if I was a federal worker knowing I might get a couple of paid weeks off.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 151